none
Blocking someone on Lync RRS feed

• Question

• One of my colleague likes to bug me on Lync during work hours with topics that are not related to work and it annoys me so I've decided to block him

but I would like to just delete him off too from my list. However, if I were to delete him.. does that mean he will be unblocked automatically?

• Edited by KristyCat Friday, February 17, 2017 12:48 AM
    Friday, February 17, 2017 12:45 AM

Answers

• Hi KristyCat,

Yes, agree with Dattatray Kadam.

Based on my test, when you change the Privacy Relationships to blocked contact for the user, the user won’t see your presence information, it will show offline.

If both of your SFB clients is SFB 2016, when the user send IM to you, it will go to missed conversation in your SFB client directly, please see the following picture:

If the SFB client is SFB 2015, the IM won’t be sent successfully, because SFB 2015 client is not supported for offline message.

Moreover, after you blocked the user, when you delete him form your contact list, it won’t unblock automatically.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 17, 2017 3:22 AM

All replies

• Right click on the contact > Change Privacy Relationships > Blocked Contacts

My Blog : http://www.theskypeguy.com

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you have asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they are looking for solutions to similar problems or queries.

Friday, February 17, 2017 1:16 AM
  • Hi KristyCat,

Yes, agree with Dattatray Kadam.

Based on my test, when you change the Privacy Relationships to blocked contact for the user, the user won’t see your presence information, it will show offline.

If both of your SFB clients is SFB 2016, when the user send IM to you, it will go to missed conversation in your SFB client directly, please see the following picture:

If the SFB client is SFB 2015, the IM won’t be sent successfully, because SFB 2015 client is not supported for offline message.

Moreover, after you blocked the user, when you delete him form your contact list, it won’t unblock automatically.

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 17, 2017 3:22 AM
  • Thank you so much for the insightful answer.

Especially on the part where it won't automatically unblocks the person if I were to delete them off IM.

Saturday, February 18, 2017 2:18 AM
  • Hi KristyCat,

You are welcome, I am glad to help you, if you have any other issue, welcome to post in our forum.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Monday, February 20, 2017 6:41 AM