none
Windows Server 2012 R2 RDS search index corrupts periodically RRS feed

• Question

• On Server 2012 R2 RDS Environment 7 users present.All of them rdp users. Search index corrupts perodically . Outlook searches very often.Pop3 accounts and large pst s. Approx 515000 objects indexed.Edb file size is 5.7 Gb .What can i do ? 

Thursday, June 20, 2019 8:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I want to confirm with you if you mean Windows server search function, or, only the search function within Outlook?

>Search index corrupts periodically

If possible, please provide detail description about the phenomenon, such as crashing during searching, error returns and etc.

Please make sure that your RDS servers have enough available resources via Task Manager – Performance when problem happens.

Also, if possible, please patch your RDS system fully with Windows Update/Hotfix, it would be helpful for resolving some known issues and improving the performance.

Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 update history:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4009470/windows-8-1-windows-server-2012-r2-update-history

If problem persists, please check Event Viewer, according to the time when the problem occurs to find relate event logs.

Best Regards,

Jenney Yan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 21, 2019 2:48 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Thanks,

Jenny

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, June 23, 2019 7:15 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this post.

You can click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,

Jenny

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 5:50 AM