none
Skype for Business Conversation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

Kindly let me know how the SFB conversations is saved.

I wanted to know the workflow related to skype / outlook / exchange

Will the conversation history be saved if the end user closes his chat before it shows the notification that conversation has been saved.

Further does it take 2 minutes roughly to save the conversation after a user sends IM to another user

Monday, October 7, 2019 2:16 PM

Answers

• Hi TechAdmin-Skype,

As you may have known, it is unable to do conversation history without Exchange server.

User has the option to control if the conversation is saved in Options -> Personal -> Save IM conversations in my email Conversation History folder.

Apart from this, the conversation history is also saved in the archiving database, as far as I know, it's stored on your Exchange Server.

For more details, please refer to How Do I Store My Skype For Business/Lync Chat History?

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hi TechAdmin-Skype,

As you may have known, it is unable to do conversation history without Exchange server.

User has the option to control if the conversation is saved in Options -> Personal -> Save IM conversations in my email Conversation History folder.

Apart from this, the conversation history is also saved in the archiving database, as far as I know, it's stored on your Exchange Server.

For more details, please refer to How Do I Store My Skype For Business/Lync Chat History?

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 5:51 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:41 AM