Canceled meeting sent from organizer but does not delete automatically from invitees calendars RRS feed

• Question

• I been searching the web but hard to find a good solution. This does not happen all the time. We use office 365 and outlook 2010 client. So on the client, a organizer sent out a meeting then sent out a cancelation. The cancellation should automatically remove the canceled meeting from calendar, but for two users it didn't. For the other few users it did. in OWA the meeting is gone, but on the two users client, its there. They had to manually remove it.  Any idea why? Would this result in a clean reminders switch on those two users or this a bug on the senders?

Thanks

Best regards,<br/> <br/> <strong>Joe C<br/> </strong>Partner Online Technical Community<br/> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br/> We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:<br/> <a href="http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads"><span style="color:#0033cc">http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads<br/> </span></a>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br/> This posting is provided &quot;AS IS&quot; with no warranties, and confers no rights <hr>

Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:06 PM

Answers

• In my test environment (Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013), when a meeting get canceled, it will always show the canceled meeting on my calendar. Did your administrator have some settings to remove canceled meetings in your organization (such as RemoveOldMeetingMessages parameter)?

In addition, when a meeting is canceled, the free/busy time should be shown as free, so leaving the cancelled meetings in place should not affect scheduling. A workaround is to hide the canceled meetings from the view. To do this, please follow:

1. Go to your Calendar.

2. Click View tab > View Settings.

3. Click Filter button.

4. Click the Advanced tab.

5. In the Field drop-list, point to Frequently-used fields, and then click Subject.

6. In the Condition box, select “doesn't contain”.

7. In the Value box, enter canceled.

8. Click Add to List.

9. Click OK two times.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

• Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, June 2, 2014 4:45 AM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

By default, Outlook will show the cancelled meeting in attendees' calendar. If you want to remove the cancelled meeting automatically, you can go to File > Options > Calendar > Scroll to the bottom of the Window and click Resource Scheduling button > Tick the checkbox before "Automatically accept meeting requests and remove canceled meetings". Click OK. Now check the issue again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 23, 2014 8:59 AM
  • Would that be for the users who have the canceled meeting stuck on calendar?  I dont know if they would like to auto accept meetings.  I cant reproduce it as my canceled meeting is automatically removed from calendar.

Best regards,<br/> <br/> <strong>Joe C<br/> </strong>Partner Online Technical Community<br/> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br/> We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:<br/> <a href="http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads"><span style="color:#0033cc">http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads<br/> </span></a>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br/> This posting is provided &quot;AS IS&quot; with no warranties, and confers no rights <hr>

Friday, May 23, 2014 4:42 PM
  • In my test environment (Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013), when a meeting get canceled, it will always show the canceled meeting on my calendar. Did your administrator have some settings to remove canceled meetings in your organization (such as RemoveOldMeetingMessages parameter)?

In addition, when a meeting is canceled, the free/busy time should be shown as free, so leaving the cancelled meetings in place should not affect scheduling. A workaround is to hide the canceled meetings from the view. To do this, please follow:

1. Go to your Calendar.

2. Click View tab > View Settings.

3. Click Filter button.

4. Click the Advanced tab.

5. In the Field drop-list, point to Frequently-used fields, and then click Subject.

6. In the Condition box, select “doesn't contain”.

7. In the Value box, enter canceled.

8. Click Add to List.

9. Click OK two times.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Forum Support

• Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, June 2, 2014 4:45 AM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 7:13 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem.If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Forum Support

Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:06 AM
  • Hi,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.

If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Forum Support

Monday, June 2, 2014 4:45 AM
  • I have the same issue

Organizer cancelled a recurring meeting. The same has been deleted from organizer's calendar but still preset in invitees calendar.

Outlook 2013

Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:17 AM