none
Office 365 Lync online Migration to Lync on Premise RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Office 365 (Lync and Exchange) and we currently have deployed Lync on premise and we'd like to migrate all our cloud users to premise Lync. 

Is this possible and what's the best way to do it ? is there any specific tool ? or would DirSync do this once it's activated? 

thanks

Mohammed JH

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:43 AM

All replies

• There is no tool to migrate users from a Lync online to a Lync on-premise domain. So, you will have to create users again in your Lync on-premise domain.

If answer is helpful, please mark as answer or hit the green arrow on the left.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:07 AM
  • Is there anyway to export the contacts in Lync user's contact list ? for Lync on premise i know there's a command that can export and import contacts in Lync user's lsit

dbimpexp /user:user@domain1.com /hrxmlfile:"C:\user.xml"

Thanks

Mohammed JH

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:19 AM
  • As I know there is no such method. Even in third party apps.
    E.g. check http://www.xstran.com/solutions/lync-contact-migrator/

If answer is helpful, please mark as answer or hit the green arrow on the left.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:34 AM
  • Ok, I'd like to know in case I have created Identical users on active directory on premise. and deployed ADFS and Dirsync for Office 365 and Lync integration, would that affect the work of their Exchange mailboxes on cloud ? 

I mean would there be any conflict on cloud cloud accounts? we basically used to work on office 365 and use exchange and lync and now we want to use on premise Lync.

Mohammed JH

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:29 AM
  • We have Office 365 exchange and we have onprem Lync.  It works fine.  It's just that the client will prompt for the office 365 ID once in Lync and you have to specify in mobile client (different ID's).  But, you're saying that you have ADFS setup already?   This should be easy to test - you can manually config the Lync client to point to on-prem servers and test that way.  IMO.

the client kinda connects the user to his mailbox using a similar process to how Outlook searches for the mailbox ... for us and AFAIK it works fine.

if my post is helpful - please click on the green arrow. (please excuse, in advance, any perceived sarcasm/humor - as I often forget it does not translate through text) :)

• Edited by Greg Seeber Friday, November 30, 2012 7:29 PM ads
    Friday, November 30, 2012 7:28 PM