none
Grey Out or Disable 'Set A Location' RRS feed

• Question

• 'm searching for a long time and can't find a solution.

Does anyone knows if it is possible to grey out or disable set a location for a user by a regkey or OU setting?

It is for domain computers, fat clients. 

Regards,

Revesh

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Revesh Manbodh,

As far as I know, there isn’t a policy or a setting/regkey that can disable this feature.

But in my opinion, I think it can be controlled since when you're logged in to a remote desktop connection or a virtual machine, Lync disables the Set Your Location field.

You can also post this question in Develop forum, maybe you can find a solution or workaround.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Revesh Manbodh,

As far as I know, there isn’t a policy or a setting/regkey that can disable this feature.

But in my opinion, I think it can be controlled since when you're logged in to a remote desktop connection or a virtual machine, Lync disables the Set Your Location field.

You can also post this question in Develop forum, maybe you can find a solution or workaround.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:24 AM
  • Thanks for the answer, I knew almost for 100% that it was not possible with a policy setting or a regkey.

Also I get your opinion, but if you search for a solution you can't get the right answer and I think it's not worth the time to search for an solution and it's worked as designed.

But if anyone knows the solution I'll be happy to hear it.

Regards,

Revesh

Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:08 AM