none
Skype for business on Mac cannot see shared slide after rejoin meeting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

Our Skype for business on Mac users cannot see shared slide either rejoin in the middle of presentation, or a new slide sharing started by presenter after rejoin. Chat window shows message "someone is starting share content...", then message gone and no slide. 

We are using version 16.28.120.

Thanks.

Cheers!

Po-sung

Friday, October 25, 2019 3:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Po-sung,

Does everyone on Skype for Business Mac have this problem?

Do you have a try on Windows?

What do you do before this issue appearing?

You could clear the client cache and have a try.

In addition, make sure that your client version is the latest one.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 25, 2019 9:32 AM
  • Hi Sharon, 

Thanks for your reply. Answers below each question:

Does everyone on Skype for Business Mac have this problem?

>> Yes. Both on Skype for Business Mac had this problem. Btw, there were 5 users in total didn't see shared slides, out of 30 users in meeting.

Do you have a try on Windows?

>> Yes. Most Windows version work fine, still there was some having problems viewing slides.

What do you do before this issue appearing?

>> As a viewer, I join meeting, see shared slides, check mic is muted, then I left meeting and rejoin.

You could clear the client cache and have a try.

>> I didn't and don't know how to do it. Would you please explain how?

In addition, make sure that your client version is the latest one.

>> I ran Microsoft AutoUpdate and it said no updates available.

Cheers!

Po-sung

Monday, October 28, 2019 3:49 AM
  • Hi Po-sung,

In Mac Machine, you can clear client cache as follow:

1.Log out and quit Skype for Business.

2.Go to Finder > press Command+Shift+G > type in /users/<MacUsername>/library > delete the following files: Containers > com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness. ...

3.Open Keychain Access from /Applications/Utilities folder.

4.Delete all keychains starting with Skype For Business.

In Windows Machine, you can clear client machine as follow:

1. Right click the Windows icon and open the Run bar

2. Type in: %localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Lync\ folder

3. Delete the sip profile folder.

4. Go into the Tracing folder, delete all files.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Hi Sharon, 

Thank you for your support. But clearing cache doesn't help. Test steps listed below. And there's something I think worth mention is that, slide sharing can be continued after rejoin meeting if not close conversation window when hang up. Once window is closed, even a new slide sharing can't be seen after rejoin.

1. Reproduce issue as original post.
    2. Leave meeting going. Clear cache by following proposed method. I found 3 Keychain records as attached image FYR.
    3. Open SFB on Mac and join meeting, can't see shared slide.
    4. Sharing a new slide, still can't be seen on SFB on Mac.

Cheers!

Po-sung

• Edited by Lu Po-sung Wednesday, November 6, 2019 2:08 AM Rephrase.
    Tuesday, November 5, 2019 6:39 AM
  • Hi Po-sung,

I found some information about the Keychain Access, it seems no direct relation with this issue.

Perhaps, you could check if there are any error message in Lync server Event.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 9:03 AM
  • Hi Po-sung,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, November 15, 2019 9:17 AM
  • Hi Sharon, 

Thanks for asking.

I thought issue has been resolved but I was wrong. Here's what I found in my last testing.

1. Issue is related to size of the slide file you share. As far as I know, size >= 13,460KB would reproduce issue, and size <= 13,161KB wouldn't (works fine).
    2. Either previously shared or newly shared slides can't be seen in SfB on Mac as long as the over-sized file exists in shared content management. Can continue seeing shared slides if the over-sized file is removed.
    3. Not related to total size of slides you shared. I uploaded 9 files (size of each <= 13,161KB) ~ 30 MB in total and has no issue.
    Thank you.

Cheers!

Po-sung

• Edited by Lu Po-sung Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:06 AM to be more clear.
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 6:22 AM
  • Hi Po-sung,

What is your environment, on-premises or online?

As you said, I test this in the Windows desktop. It seems no such problem.

Maybe, you could check if there any error message in Lync server event.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, November 22, 2019 8:15 AM
  • Hi Sharon, 

Thanks for reply.

We use on-premises server. Will try to check Lync server event for any error message.

As for Windows desktop version, those having trouble seeing slides are resolved by applying patch of lync2016-kb3115087-fullfile-x64-glb.exe. And it's different issue with we have on Sfb on Mac.

So, would it be possible that the issue comes from SfB on Mac itself, since Windows Desktop has no such issue?

Cheers!

Po-sung

Friday, November 22, 2019 10:01 AM
  • Hi Po-sung,

Perhaps, you’re right.

Do you find any useful error message?

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:44 AM
  • Hi Po-sung,

I found an official document. It shows that Skype for Business on Mac don’t support uploading files to share with others.

The document is for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/plan-your-deployment/clients-and-devices/desktop-feature-comparison?redirectedfrom=MSDN#meetings-support

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Hi Po-sung,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

3 hours 57 minutes ago