none
Different Office Themes On Different Computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I would like to know if there is a way to stop Office from automatically syncing the Office Theme between two installs of Office. Until recently I had one install with White theme and Dark theme on another computer, but now (after doing reinstall on one of those PCs) they keep syncing if I make a change on either machine. Is there a way to keep 'local' setting? (Office 365 Pro Plus, ver. 1907)

Monday, July 22, 2019 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What’s your operating system?

Form your description, I suspect your operating system is Windows 10, you can try turn off the “Theme” option. (Note this is the Windows 10 sync function, you might end up losing other useful syncing features as well.)

Hope it helps.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019. 

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:06 AM
  • Yes, its on WIN 10 (ver. 1903). But the syncing of Theme, or anything else, is turned off.
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 7:43 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry that I may have confused Office theme and Windows theme.

Are you logged in to the same Microsoft account on both computers? Do you mean you have two different Office themes on two computers?

I have searched this link and it seems can’t prevent Office 365 from syncing themes across devices.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-prevent-office-365-from/4daa404a-3652-4aa2-946f-72b25b20d131

So maybe you should log out of your Microsoft account on one of computer.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019. 

Monday, July 29, 2019 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any updates?

I'm checking the status of this thread, to help close it, if my the reply is helpful, please mark the above replies as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 8:20 AM
  • Unfortunately both computers are using only local accounts (Microsoft account is not logged in) and still the Office theme keeps changing if it's changed on one computer.  

Since both computers (Office installs) are being used by different users it would be useful to have the option to keep this setting local. It was the case just a few weeks ago but it seems that an update changed this policy..

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 8:17 PM
  • Will the two computers sync something else besides syncing the Office theme? For example, the Windows desktop.

Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:37 AM