none
SpreadSheet Compare tool through Command Prompt. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to run the spreadsheet Compare tool through Command prompt and get the reports.

This should happen has background process. At present I can able to run through the command prompt, but not able to generate the reports. Could please help on this.

Thanks,

Murali kirshna

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Murali,

What do you mean about the "report"? Please try the following steps to work with spreadsheet compare tool:

1. In Windows, start to type Spreadsheet Compare, and then choose the tile that says Spreadsheet Compare 2013 to open it.
    2. In the lower-left pane, choose the options you want included in the workbook comparison, such as formulas, cell formatting, or macros. Or, just Select All.
    3. On the Home tab, choose Compare Files.
    4. In the Compare Files dialog box, in the Compare row, browse   Browse  to the earlier version of your workbook. Also select workbook in the To row.
    5. Choose OK to run the comparison.

Then you can use either the following method to export the results:

• You can export the results to an easier to read Excel file. Click Home > Export Results.
    • Click Home > Copy Results to Clipboard to copy and paste the results to another program.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:55 AM
  • Hi Winnie,

Thanks for your response.

I need to run this through command prompt or bat file.

And report means the export results after the comparsion

Thanks,

Murali

Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:51 AM
  • Hi Winnie,

Thanks for your response.

I need to run this through command prompt or bat file.

And report means the export results after the comparsion

Thanks,

Murali

Hi Murali,

If you are looking for some cmd codes for bat file, I think you can ask a question in Script center forum for more suggestion:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/home?forum=ITCG

The partners in script center forum are familiar with script. Hope you can find the solutions there :)

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 10:12 AM
  • This answer does not in any way address the original question.

Gardoglee

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:13 PM
  • This answer also does not in any way address the original question posted.

Gardoglee

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:13 PM