Lync 2010 IM and Presence from web RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have OCS R2 FE servers and CWA servers. We deployed Lync 2010 and we migrated all users to Lync. All are working fine. Now we want to change our existing OCS R2 CWA servers to point Lync FE pool. Do we still need to decommision existing CWA and redeploy to point lync pool ? Do we have any other option with remove the old CWA server ?

Regards Mager

Thursday, August 9, 2012 12:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you decide to use the previous version of Communicator Web Access to support browser-based IM and presence in your Lync Server environment, you need to first decommission your Office Communications Server pool, including Communicator Web Access, and then reinstall Communicator Web Access. For details, see Redeploy Communicator Web Access (2007 R2 Release) for IM and Presence.

Regards,

Kent Huang

TechNet Community Support ************************************************************************************************************************ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Kent-Huang Monday, August 13, 2012 5:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Johnpaul J Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:38 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 5:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Mager,

Since Lync does have the Web Access like CWA capabilities, you will need to keep CWA if you want to maintain that feature:

HEre is how to do it:

http://blog.ucmadeeasy.com/2010/11/18/using-ocs-2007-r2-cwa-with-lync-server-2010/

Regards

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks.

Jean-Philippe Breton | Senior Microsoft Consultant | MCTS, MCITP, MCT, Lync MVP

Thursday, August 9, 2012 1:55 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I understand that we should use CWA. My question is do i need to remove my existing CWA server and redeploy new to point lync pool ?

Regards Mager

Thursday, August 9, 2012 3:59 PM
  • Is your Lync infra still merged with OCS ?

If yes, than you should already your CWA  see in your Lync Topology: Trusted application server" 

If not, follow the instruction in the blog.

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks.

Jean-Philippe Breton | Senior Microsoft Consultant | MCTS, MCITP, MCT, Lync MVP

Thursday, August 9, 2012 4:09 PM
  • Hi,

If you decide to use the previous version of Communicator Web Access to support browser-based IM and presence in your Lync Server environment, you need to first decommission your Office Communications Server pool, including Communicator Web Access, and then reinstall Communicator Web Access. For details, see Redeploy Communicator Web Access (2007 R2 Release) for IM and Presence.

Regards,

Kent Huang

TechNet Community Support ************************************************************************************************************************ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Kent-Huang Monday, August 13, 2012 5:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Johnpaul J Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:38 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 5:36 AM