none
How to disable Lync Add-ons in IE via registry setting? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I´m looking for an Enterprise solution to turn off the Lync Add on via registry setting which is easily deployed via Group Policy for instance. I can´t disable the add-on´s manually on all my clients.

I also looked at the "EnableBHOSmartTags" but I don´t have the Communicator key;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Communicator

Any idea`s?

Regards

Niklas

Thursday, April 4, 2013 8:12 PM

Answers

• You can create the registry manually.

But as I tested, change this registry key didn’t change the status of Lync add-on.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, April 5, 2013 11:53 AM
  • Hi,

I have found the related registry key.

Check the following link.

http://smulpuru.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/disable-particular-ie-add-on-via-registry/

Find out the class ID of Lync add-on.

Then find the class ID in registry key.

Open the path [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{31D09BA0-12F5-4CCE-BE8A-2923E76605DA}. It is for Lync add-on.

There is no Flags registry key, you should create it manually.

Note: 0 is for enable and 1 is for disable.

Then that works. You don’t even need to restart IE.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:55 AM

All replies

• You can create the registry manually.

But as I tested, change this registry key didn’t change the status of Lync add-on.

Friday, April 5, 2013 11:53 AM
  • Yep, tried that also but no change, thought I created the key in the wrong place but since you got the same results I guess that doesn´t work.

Saturday, April 6, 2013 11:23 PM
  • Hi,

I have found the related registry key.

Check the following link.

http://smulpuru.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/disable-particular-ie-add-on-via-registry/

Find out the class ID of Lync add-on.

Then find the class ID in registry key.

Open the path [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{31D09BA0-12F5-4CCE-BE8A-2923E76605DA}. It is for Lync add-on.

There is no Flags registry key, you should create it manually.

Note: 0 is for enable and 1 is for disable.

Then that works. You don’t even need to restart IE.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:55 AM