none
Skype for Business Hybrid with Cloud PSTN calling AND on premise PSTN RRS feed

• Question

• We currently have a pure Lync 2013 on premise infrastructure with multiple locations and PSTN connectivity through local PBX. We would like to extend our infrastructure to the US while leveraging the Cloud PBX and PSTN calling through the cloud features. Can we setup up a hybrid deployment with Office 365 while having some users in the cloud using cloud PSTN calling while all the other users remain on premise using on premise PSTN? I wasn't able to find such a scenario anywhere, just cloud only with cloud PSTN or hybrid with local PSTN calling for cloud and on premise users.

Appreciate your help on this and any links to relevant docs.

Monday, August 1, 2016 3:35 PM

Answers

• Hi

You are able to perform this scenario. You will need to configure hybrid to your O365 tenant, assign E5 licences (or qualifying Enterprise licences with CloudPBX addon subscription plus a calling plan to online users

Calling plans are domestic or international. $12 and $24 respectively per user.

The users will need to be homed in O365 and therefore cannot be part of on premises pstn connectivity or enterprise voice features such as agents in RGS, Call Park, Unassigned Numbers etc.

They cannot organize meetings on your on-prem conferencing bridge, they will use the cloud. Therefore the reason I say E5 is because you get cloud PSTN conferencing (dial-in) for them at no extra cost - or its about $2 a user for this on top of everything else.

Once the user is in the cloud, you can request a US number from Microsoft and apply to this user. Then they get simple calling in the US.

On-prem users won't be able to use the US number for any services, similarly you wont be able to do least cost routing and use microsoft's gateway for other users to make "domestic" calls when they are in the UK for instance and on-prem.

But the answer to your question is yes. 

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

• Marked as answer by BStahl Monday, August 1, 2016 3:51 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 3:43 PM