none
macOS Catalina: Skype for Business is crashing when someone is sharing his screen RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying the new macOS Beta Catalina and noticed that Skype for Business is crashing when someone is sharing his screen.

Crash dump: pastebin [dot] com/iAm2sRhB

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi martinxd,

Please try to clear the following app cache then check whether fix this issue:
    1. Clear the Skype for Business cache:
    a. Log out and quit Skype for Business.
    b. Go to Finder> press Command+Shift+G> type in /users/<MacUsername>/library > delete the following files: 
    Containters > com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness
    Internet Plug-Ins > MeetingJoinPlugin.plugin
    Logs > LwaTracing
    Saved Application State > com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.savedState
    Preferences > com.microsoft.skypeforbusiness.plugin.plist

2. Clear the Keychain access: Open Keychain Access from /Applications/Utilities folder. Delete all keychains starting with Skype for Business.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 5:53 AM
  • Thanks, but that didn't work for me. Apple introduced a few breaking changes in macOS Catalina, like to stop 32-bit support and SHA-1, I assume one of that is used during screen sharing, and my Skype crashed because of that, please see the attached log for more details.
    Friday, June 14, 2019 4:26 AM
  • Hi martinxd,

Could you please uninstall the SFB clinet in your Mac, and reinstall the client from the following link: Skype for Business on Mac. Please try to use the latest version of SFB client then check again.

In addition, you could also check with Apple about the function. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:14 AM
  • Hi martinxd,

Is there any update for this issue? 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, June 21, 2019 6:37 AM
  • Sadly not, I'm still experiencing this issue.
    Friday, June 21, 2019 1:42 PM
  • Hi Evan

that also didn't fix the problem, as I said, Apple did a few breaking changes like not supporting 32-bit applications anymore and blocking SHA-1, I assume when someone shares his/her screen either a 32-bit library or SHA-1 is somehow used.

Friday, June 21, 2019 1:44 PM
  • Yes, this is not an install issue, is happening for others too.

I am sure we all understand this is a pre-release version of MacOS, myself I just want to ensure the Skype team is aware.

Saturday, June 22, 2019 7:31 AM
  • Hi all,

Thanks for your sharing, I post a feedback in the SFB Feedback website, hope Microsoft will notice this. In addition, you could also check with Apple for this issue. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:42 AM
  • Hi martinxd,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?
    If there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, June 28, 2019 8:53 AM
  • I’m having the same issue too. Every time someone is starting the screen sharing, the sfb crashes... Using the latest release of the sfb.
    Friday, June 28, 2019 9:25 AM
  • I'm having the same issue. SFB is crashing when adding someone on an audio or when there is a screen shared via SFB
    Friday, July 19, 2019 10:00 AM
  • This occurs because Skype for Business does not have Screen Recording permission.

1. Close Skype for Business
    2. Reset the TCC for Skype for Business with the following command from a terminal:
      • tccutil reset All com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness
      • Response: successfully reset All approval status for com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness
    3. Open macoS Preferences and navigate to Security & Privacy -> Privacy
    4. Select Screen Recording from the list on the left. Note that Skype for Business is not listed.
    5. Open Skype for Business (It should open normally) If any permission dialogues appear, permit it.
    6. Initiate a screen sharing session with another party. 
      • This will cause the Popup to appear asking for permission to record the screen.
      • Select the Preferences button. 
      • This populates the view with Skype for Business
    7. Click the check box to permit Screen Recording
    8. Done

Do the same for the video camera as well by using the camera and granting it permission.

• Proposed as answer by Zorprime Friday, July 19, 2019 11:23 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 11:08 PM
  • tried the above steps to grant skype permission but the second someone shares their screen it crashes.  It prompted for camera and mic during the initial call but I did not get a prompt to grant permission for screen recording.
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 12:24 AM
  • That didn't work for me.

It didn't even ask for permissions on anything (SfB doesn't show up in any of the privacy sections).

Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:29 AM
  • This does not work. 

Also the tccutil command returns:

tccutil: No such bundle identifier "com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness": The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 11:46 PM
  • I can't even send Chat messages using SFB, just crashes out.  Tried all the steps above.  Hurry up Microsoft!

Ben

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 5:25 PM