none
Auto Attendant to Lync Call Transfer Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• My newly created auto attendant does not transfer calls to my Lync extensions. I get a message saying "The Call Can Not Be Transferred. Returning to the main menu." So far, I've not seen any errors in either the Lync event logs or the Unified Messaging event logs. The problem occurs when I call the AA internally and from the PSTN. How should I begin to troubleshoot this issue? For what it's worth, I am able to dial the Subscriber Access number and from there I can transfer to any of my Lync extensions. Thanks! Jason
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 8:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

make sure that the users that you trying to get forwarded via the AA are enabled for UM and the UM mailbox extension and the Users Line URI "Extension" is configured as the same (tel:+12345678;ext=5678)

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:34 AM
  • Thanks for your response Thamara.

The users are enabled for UM and I'm able to leave them voice mail and transfer calls via the SA.  In Lync I have the user's Line URI set as tel:+12345678;ext=5678.  Their UM mailbox extension is just 5678.  Is that correct?

Thanks!
    Jason

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:14 PM
  • yes. it's correct and it suppose to work in this format. any how, can you check whether you have created a Dial plan in Lync Voice routing as the same FQDN as the UM dial plan? once you run the OCSUMUtil, do you get any warnings there?

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:24 PM
  • I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "create a Dial Plan in Lync Voice routing as the same FQDN as the UM dial plan"?

I have run the OCSUMUtil program and it shows my SA and my AA.  Now I notice the FQDN as DialPlan1.cdol.int.  So, are you saying I should create a Lync Dial Plan called "DialPlan1.cdol.int"?  Should this be a pool, site, or user dial plan?

Thanks!

Jason

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:46 PM
  • It should be a user dial plan. and do you see an exclamation mark in the dial plan there in the utill?

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:01 PM
  • Yes, I did see the exclamation point on the Dial Plan in OCSUMUtil, but at the the bottom it says:

A location profile has not been created that matches this dial plan. Until a location profile is created, the UM play-on-phone and call transfer features may not work (ignore this error for Exchange 14 SP1 and above).

Based on that, I assumed I could ignore the error?

Thanks!
    Jason

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:23 PM
  • I went ahead and tried to create the user dial plan.  However, I still see the exclamation point in OCSUMUtil and the call transfer is still not working.
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:47 PM
  • Any other suggestions?

Jason

Friday, December 9, 2011 4:02 PM
  • Hi Jason,

Please try to clear the checkboxes of “Enable refer support” and “media bypass” in the Trunk Configuration. Restart the Mediation service on the front end server. Then check again.

Noya Liu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:19 AM
  • Sorry for the late response Noya.  Those checkboxes were already unchecked.  In addition, the transfer fails when calling the AutoAttedant internally, so it is my understanding that the Trunk Configuration does not come into play. Thanks!

Jason

Thursday, December 22, 2011 4:47 PM
  • I was finally able to resolve my issue by following the instructions here:

http://www.lynclog.com/2011/04/integrating-exchange-um-with-lync-2010.html

I was missing the steps in the 6 screenshots after the line that says ***ALERT***ALERT***ALERT***, about half way down the page.

• Marked as answer by Jason Garrett Friday, December 23, 2011 2:37 PM
    Friday, December 23, 2011 2:37 PM
  • That did the trick. It's a little longer path to get to this in Exchange 2016 (CU11), but doing the equivalent steps worked.   :)
    • Edited by Lanceso Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:54 PM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:53 PM