none
Lync 2010 decom and AD schema unprep when running Exchange Hybrid RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! We're busy decommissioning our Lync 2010 server as we've moved to Teams.  We are running Exchange 2010 in a hybrid configuration.  I plan to follow this article  to decommssion Lync, and I'm wondering about the last couple of 'unprep' steps to remove the Lync attributes from our AD just to clean up.  Is there any risk of doing this with an Exchange Hybrid scenario configured (with AAD Connect configured etc.)?  Many thanks!
    Friday, April 26, 2019 9:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The Disable-CsAdDomain cmdlet provides a way for you to undo all the domain-level modifications made by the Enable-CsAdDomain cmdlet.

This won't break the Exchange environment but only disable the AD components related with Lync.

Besides, here is also a nice blog describes how to decommission the Lync on premise environment that could be as the reference.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Raymond Diack Thursday, May 2, 2019 1:22 PM
    Monday, April 29, 2019 8:48 AM

All replies

• I've done all the steps in the article mentioned... last step now is to just run Disable-CsAdDomain and Disable-CsAdForest to clean up the Schema - hoping someone can confirm this won't break our Exchange Hybrid / AD Connect stuff.  I wouldn't imagine so since the attributes should all be Lync-related and not Exchange related?
    Friday, April 26, 2019 1:29 PM
  • I'm actually wondering if these cmdlets do actually modify the AD schema … or if they just remove the RTC* groups and clean up ACLs etc?
    Friday, April 26, 2019 1:52 PM
  • Hi,

The Disable-CsAdDomain cmdlet provides a way for you to undo all the domain-level modifications made by the Enable-CsAdDomain cmdlet.

This won't break the Exchange environment but only disable the AD components related with Lync.

Besides, here is also a nice blog describes how to decommission the Lync on premise environment that could be as the reference.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Raymond Diack Thursday, May 2, 2019 1:22 PM
    Monday, April 29, 2019 8:48 AM
  • Thank you Calvin.  The link was helpful as the help text displayed by the cmdlets at the end of the post showed details on what they do (more than the get-help for the cmdlets), which made me feel comfortable about running them.  I've run them both and all seems fine so far.
    Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:09 PM
  • I am wondering this as well. We are decommission Lync 2013 and going to Jabber - but we are using one of the msRTCSIP attributes for Jabber. I know it won't delete the attributes but I worry that it may affect it somehow.
    Saturday, June 15, 2019 12:26 AM
  • Hey Jack, Our scenario a bit different from yours as we moved to Teams, but we haven’t had any problems after running the Disable- cmdlets. Maybe you could export your needed attributes beforehand with ldifde or similar beforehand so you can import again if necessary. Regards Ray
    Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:12 AM