none
Lync Edge + Unified Messaging in the Cloud - Error :- SIP/2.0 488 Compression algorithm refused RRS feed

• Question

• Okay Peeps,

I am at your mercy again.

I have a standard deployment ( I FE server, OWA, Edge and Reverse Proxy with a Sonus GW) and a Split Domain DNS

We also have Exchange in the cloud via O365.

I have been able to configure UM in O365. So Internally when I dial a 4 digit extension, It rings the user's Voicemail.

I have followed https://y0av.me/2014/01/07/lyncum365/ to set up the dial plans and hostedvoicemail policy. However what I dont understand is how to get SA and AA to work in the same Dial Plan. It is either AA ( True) and SA ( ISubscriber is $false) or Vice Versal....but this is for another day.

My Main issue is that after a lot of hard work resolving the DNS SRV Issue and 

Attempts to route to servers in an Exchange UM Dialplan failed

No server in the dialplan [Hosted__exap.um.outlook.com__connectitnet.onmicrosoft.com] accepted the call with id [fdd31797-1f27-4265-a5fe-97f59bea0fb3].Cause: Dialplan is not configured properly.

Resolution: Check the configuration of the dialplan on Exchange UM Servers.

I get this error message SIP/2.0 488 Compression algorithm refused.

I get this error when trying to dial from the PSTN to my O365 AA and SA. So when you dial 4389681795 or 4389681794 you will hear a fast busy signal but Internally, It works.

The only resolution, I have found is here http://www.lynclog.com/2015/02/lync-edge-sip20-488-compression.html

Now my Internal CA has Shah1 and ShaRSA1 but my SAN SSL is the one with SHA256 and SHA256RSA which is causing the error.

Any other thoughts or suggestions ?

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 3:36 PM

All replies

• So you've got your contact objects set up for those numbers, and they work internally.  But if you call them via the PSTN it fails? 

If you go into your topology and look at your mediation role, do you see the associated Edge server selected?  Do you have the required ports open between the mediation servers and the edge internal interface?  Are there routes back from the internal edge interface to the mediation and can the edge resolve the mediation server/pool FQDNs?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 3:57 PM
  • Federation works with no issues. I am able to see, IM/P , place an audio and video calls as well as powerpoint presentation between federated users.

So no DNS Issues..Just the compressions issue.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:34 PM
  • What about the mediation role, do you see it associated with the edge role in the topology builder?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:50 PM
  • Oh yeah without a doubt. Just tripple checked.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 6:30 PM
  • Hi robinhood-Mtl,

For your reference, I would give you following suggesiotns:

1. Regarding the error "SIP/2.0 488 Compression algorithm refused", did you check following document:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2967629
    Try to install the latest CU for Lync Server.

2. Check following post which has the similar situation:
    Issues with Hosted Exchange, UM and Lync 2013
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/4ba6c983-f08f-4f26-8acd-a1351a6d4f5a/issues-with-hosted-exchange-um-and-lync-2013?forum=lyncdeploy

Hope them helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Jerry Ye Wednesday, July 27, 2016 8:48 AM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 8:46 AM
  • Thanks Jerry and all who have contributed.

The 2 links didnt apply to me. I am the only one using the Skype for business so I doubt it's bandwidth usage issue.

I am going to write a blog and indicate all the steps accomplished to resolve it.

Once completed I will post the link here that might one day help a newbie tackle the Issue.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 1:50 PM
  • Hi - did you end up finding the resolution to this? I think I've run into the same problem.
    Friday, May 26, 2017 7:17 AM