none
Warning: Cannot start service RTCPDPCORE on computer **************. RRS feed

• Question

• I had no issues installing Lync Server 2010 until it tried to start my services. A large number of them are not starting. The errors in the event log dont tell me much, here is an example:

The Lync Server Front-End service terminated with service-specific error %%-2146762487.

Here is the error from the deployment log:

Warning: Cannot start service RTCPDPCORE on computer **************.

I'm not sure where to go from here, any ideas?

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• HI, for better help you we need more information of your Lync environment, for example, how many server, server OS, how Lync roles spread and more errors information.

Or if waste lots of time still no luck, I would recommend you rebuild Lync server try again.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:31 AM
  • I had no issues installing Lync Server 2010 until it tried to start my services. A large number of them are not starting. The errors in the event log dont tell me much, here is an example:

The Lync Server Front-End service terminated with service-specific error %%-2146762487.

Here is the error from the deployment log:

Warning: Cannot start service RTCPDPCORE on computer **************.

I'm not sure where to go from here, any ideas?

the same error here.

I was able to run all Lync services only once after which I couldn't run the ApplicationServer anymore. 

The exact warning is:

"Start-CsWindowsService: Command execution failed: Cannot start service RTCPDPCORE on computer '...'"

I have just one front-end pool and the server OS is 2008 R2. 

May it be related to firewall port blocking ?

"Always there's a room"
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:38 PM
  • When I try to run all services via Deployment Wizard, I get the following warning:

Service start requested "Lync Server Bandwidth Policy Service (Authentication) (RDCPDPAUTH) 

Service start requested "Lync Server Bandwidth Policy Serivce (Core) (RDPDPCORE)

Warning: Cannot start service RTCPDPCORE on computer ...

"Always there's a room"
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 8:11 AM
  • I resolved the issue, it was related to certificate. 

I recommend the following checks:

1. Look at Lync Server events in Event Viewer and check for any new error related to certificate, private key ,...
    2. If you found the error in step 1, then remove the assigned certificate to Lync server via Deployment Wizard and request a new one and assign it. If during the request you faced with access denied error, then your user doesn't have full control permission on keys. You must give full control to your user on the folder c:\users\all users\microsoft\crypto\rsa\machinekeys .
    3. Start all services via Lync Server Control Panel ...

Hope it helps

"Always there's a room"
    • Proposed as answer by Mohsen Afshin Sunday, January 23, 2011 8:23 PM
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 8:23 PM
  • Hi, Craig9876,Have you tried approaches that Mohsen Afshin stated?  Any update let us know.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, January 24, 2011 2:55 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply. I actually solved this a different way, details are on my blog http://networkadminsecrets.blogspot.com/2011/01/lync-server-front-end-service.html

It was because I used an internal CA and forgot to install the root chain into the trusted third party store.

• Marked as answer by Ben-Shun Zhu Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:21 AM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 7:57 PM
  • What prevents the Lync Server Bandwidth Policy Service (Authentication) and Lync Server Bandwidth Policy Service (Core) services from starting? The application server will not start because of those services.

This is a Standard server install

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 4:26 PM
  • I was having this issue as well.

The lync services on the Front End had stopped after restarting the server. When I tried to restart them, there was an error in the Event Logs regarding SQL server. I then checked the SQL Server Configuration Manager and found my SQL RTCLOCAL instance was stopped despite being set to automatic.

Restarted SQL RTCLOCAL instance, then restarted all Lync FE Services and they started up fine. 

Monday, August 8, 2011 11:30 AM
  • I resolved the issue, it was related to certificate. 

I recommend the following checks:

• Look at Lync Server events in Event Viewer and check for any new error related to certificate, private key ,...
      • If you found the error in step 1, then remove the assigned certificate to Lync server via Deployment Wizard and request a new one and assign it. If during the request you faced with access denied error, then your user doesn't have full control permission on keys. You must give full control to your user on the folder c:\users\all users\microsoft\crypto\rsa\machinekeys .
      • Start all services via Lync Server Control Panel ...

Hope it helps

"Always there's a room"

Many many many..... THANKS Mohsen Afshin

Firstly i try and try to remove Cert (by MMC on Lync server - client ....) but it's a wrong way.

So, Remove  Assigned Cert. Request again ... next next .... Start Services and .... it works.

OH, I'm back from HELL !!!!!

Monday, October 8, 2012 7:50 AM
  • Craig,

Even after looking at your blog post, I'm still unsure where exactly I need to import the internal CA cert.  Thank you!

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 8:18 PM