none
Transactional Replication Collation Conflict RRS feed

• Question

• i have one server with collation(SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS)and Database with collation(Arabic_CI_AS)Use it as publication to the replication and i have another server with collation(Arabic_CI_AS) and contained database with collation (Arabic_CI_AS) Use it as subscriber and use it in availability group always on and replication have error (Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_100_CI_AS_KS_WS_SC" and "Arabic_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.),please advice me

i tried to delete publication and recreate it and recreate subscriber But given the same problem Eventually I had to wipe through the system tables and i create properties of articles (Copy Collation=Fasle) and (Action if name is in use = Truncate all data in the existing object)

Error : Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_100_CI_AS_KS_WS_SC" and "Arabic_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hi MohamedEmam,

>>Error : Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_100_CI_AS_KS_WS_SC" and "Arabic_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.

Would you please set "Copy collation" to true for article in publication properties will copy the collation1 of article from publication database to subscription database and that should resolve the problem.

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 3, 2019 2:32 AM
  • Thanks Dedmon Dai First thank you for your advice but I tried to work this solution to no avail
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 9:34 AM
  • Hi MohamedEmam,

What is the version of sql server are you using ?Please refer to FIX: "Cannot resolve the collation conflict" error when you apply a snapshot to the subscriber database in SQL Server

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, October 4, 2019 7:19 AM
  • Thanks Dedmon Dai First thank you for your advice my version 2014 SP3 and ,I read the article and didn't help me to solve my problem
    Monday, October 7, 2019 3:55 PM
  • You can try a custom script and put your collation there. Use the @creation_script parameter of the sp_addarticle stored procedure.
    Monday, October 7, 2019 5:43 PM