Outlook deleted email recovery RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but I have a user who deleted all of his messages and then emptied his deleted email folder about 7 weeks ago.  We are running Exchange 2003.  I need to retrieve all of his deleted email.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  Can I get it all back?

Thanks

Thursday, December 14, 2006 8:37 PM

All replies

• I'd say that unless you had deleted item retention set to > 49 days (7 weeks of course), then you need to restore from backup.  Or use something like Ontrack PowerControls or Quest Recovery Manager for Exchange to manually retrieve messages from a raw database file.
    Saturday, January 6, 2007 9:28 PM
  • Is there a way to recover deleted e-mail without buying software?

This may have been helpful, but it is beyond my technical ability to apply the suggested solution. Jim.

Monday, September 3, 2007 4:15 PM
  •  

you can try the Recovery Storage Group Feature in Exchange Server 2003, but this will let you recover the whole mailbox, i think you can export this recovered mailbox into a PST file then open that PST file and retrieve all your deleted data.

check the Recovery Storage Group Guide from this link:

Using Recovery Storage Groups in Exchange Server 2003

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998782.aspx

Regards

Alaa

Thursday, September 6, 2007 6:35 PM
  • I have a similar problem to the original author of this thread.  However, I permanently deleted archived messages which sit in a pst file on my local C: hard drive, not on a public drive that provides back up.

I use Outlook 2003.  Can this tool help me recover my lost email msgs?

Or, perhaps doing a system restore could work?

Thank you.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:52 PM
  • A system restore has nothing to do with a .PST file that holds Outlook archived data. 

the quote above from

12 Jan 2007, 4:28 AM 
    diskrecovery

talks about restoring pst files.  archives are this type of file.  I have no personal experience with this utility.

Sunday, February 3, 2008 6:28 AM
  • Two choices:

Commercial data recovery software and free data recovery software.

Free deleted file recovery software is recommended, it can recover deleted files free of charge.

Tips: Don't do anything to your partition after your data loss.

Friday, July 16, 2010 6:53 AM
  • you can still recover messages using recover deleted items options in outlook if your retention period is over 49 days...(as Neil said) or else you can use the recovery storage groups to attach the backed up database, then export the dumpster to a pst by using Exmerge tool. this will save your cost that you might spend on third arty solutions.

quite easy and fun.....

Monday, September 9, 2013 2:38 PM
  • Using Third Party tool, get the deleted Outlook emails………… 
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 10:11 AM
  • use scanpst.exe or https://www.freeoutlookrecovery.com/ this utility i searched. both are free solution for ms outlook recovery
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:49 PM
  • Your only option is restore from full backup / Full + incremental backup of Exchange databases before the emails were deleted. 

you will need to restore it to Recovery storage group and merge back the data back to the mailbox. 

Thanks,

Sid

Monday, August 21, 2017 3:23 PM