none
DHCPUtil.exe & MSVCR110.dll

Question

• Hey, everyone!

Trying to get DHCP setup for some Polycom handsets and so I attempted to run the DHCPUtil script from Lync Server 2013.

I copied DHCPUtil.exe and DHCPConfigScript.bat from my Lync Server into the C Drive on my Domain Controller, which also is handling DHCP. I then launched a command prompt with "Run as Administrator," navigated to the folder with the script and entered

DHCPUtil.exe -SipServer <mySipAddress> 

I keep getting an error, though:

The program can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

So I googled about the error and someone said to copy MSVCP110.dll from the Lync Setup directory. I did that, but I'm not sure what to do now. I copied it into the same folder the script is in, but it still doesn't run.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:31 PM

Answers

• Thanks, Igor. You now what I ended up doing (which was an easy fix)? I ran the script without the executing parameter and it outputted the proper parameters to run with the batch file. So I ran the batch file and all was well (or at least appears to be in the DHCP settings).

Now to just get the phone to update properly....

Thanks for all the help!

Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:33 PM

All replies

• I guess what I'm really asking is: Is it really as easy as "REGSVR32 MSVCP110.dll"?
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:51 PM
  • Hi Imeric82,

To fix this, go to "C:\Windows\System32" on your standard or front-end server and you will find the file MSVCP110.dll there. Next, simply copy them to "C:\Windows\System32" on the DHCP Server and DHCPUtil.exe will now run.

Martin. 

Martin

• Proposed as answer by Martin Gibney Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:56 PM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:56 PM
  • Thanks, Martin. I'm guessing I'll need to reboot the DHCP server first for it to register the new DLL?
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:14 PM
  • Guess it doesn't matter as even after rebooting it, it didn't work.

I found another article mentioning installing C++ Run Times 2012, so I tried that and rebooted. Now I get a new error:

The procedure entry point __crtCreateSymbolicLinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR110.dll.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:56 PM
  • Sometimes it asks for one DLL, sometimes for two DLLs. No more than two.

Just copy them from another workstation. You have to copy them from same OS. If you copy from Windows 2012 to Windows 2008R2, it will not work, you will receive an error.

If you cannot find those DLLs on other servers, I believe that you could copy from Windows 7 to Windows 2008R2 or from Windows 8 to Windows 2012.

You do not have to restart or run any regsrv commands. Will work right away.

Please “Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answer” if this post helped you.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 3:24 AM
  • Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable and install it manually.

Lisa Zheng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:33 AM
  • Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable and install it manually.

Lisa Zheng
    TechNet Community Support

Lisa:

Thanks. That's what I did and then I got that second error. I even rebooted the server after installing the 2012 Redistributable package. I got it right from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Was that not the correct thing?

Thanks!

-Eric

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Sometimes it asks for one DLL, sometimes for two DLLs. No more than two.

Just copy them from another workstation. You have to copy them from same OS. If you copy from Windows 2012 to Windows 2008R2, it will not work, you will receive an error.

If you cannot find those DLLs on other servers, I believe that you could copy from Windows 7 to Windows 2008R2 or from Windows 8 to Windows 2012.

You do not have to restart or run any regsrv commands. Will work right away.

Igor:

What two DLLs are you referencing? I already tried moving MSVCR110.dll from the Lync FE server to our DC. Both are on 2008R2. That didn't work, which is what led me to try installing the C++ Redistributable package, but that just got me to another error.

Thanks!

-Eric

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 1:50 PM
  • Could it have anything to do with our DHCP server also being a Domain Controller?
    Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:59 PM
  • It is normal for DHCP server to be on Domain Controller.

I have never had problems when I copied dlls from another server. After you copy the file, it will give you another error with a different file name. The name is very similar, so you might think it is the same error, but it is not.

Try again and pay attention to the file name. As I said, it always worked for me.

Sunday, January 19, 2014 8:22 PM
  • Thanks, Igor. You now what I ended up doing (which was an easy fix)? I ran the script without the executing parameter and it outputted the proper parameters to run with the batch file. So I ran the batch file and all was well (or at least appears to be in the DHCP settings).

Now to just get the phone to update properly....

Thanks for all the help!

Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:33 PM
  • After install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable, the problem was solved to me. That´s good
    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 2:36 PM