none
Unable to enable users in Lync 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have set up Lync 2010 Standard in our domain.  However when I go to Lync Control Panel, Users, Enable Users, I don't see my Active Directory user accounts.  Why is that?  All Active Directory users are currently on a LCS 2005 pool.  I suspect that might be the reason but how do I make the user accounts now to be members of the Lync Pool and not the LCS pool? 

Thanks,

BioChris
    Monday, February 14, 2011 8:59 PM

Answers

• Hi, migrate LCS 2005 to Lync server 2010 pool isn't supported, so you are not able to change the pool in the properties of an existing sip account with the LCS console, you have to delete all sip user account in LCS console, then enable all AD users in Lync control panel, but all contacts were created in LCS pool will be lost after done that.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by StaggerWing Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First, would you please create a new test user account to check if you can enable sip user on Lync control panel.

Since sip users couldn't be migrated from LCS 2005 to Lync server 2010 directly(only support migration from OCS 2007 or 2007 R2), you have to remove sip user account on LCS 2005 pool, then enable them on Lync pool, but all contacts and other configurations in LCS 2005 will be lost in this method.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:49 AM
  • Ben-Shun,

First of all thanks for the reply.  I did create three test users account in active directory.  I able to successsfully Lync-Enable them in the Lync Control Panel!  As a matter of fact I even setup the Lync Client with those test user accounts and they work just fine.

Existing LCS user accounts they show as "<Legacy>" in the Lync Control Panel of course.  So now, based on your instructions I should remove the sip user account on LCS 2005 pool.  How do I do that.  When I access the LCS console and go to the properties of an existing sip account, I try to change the pool from the old to the new but it does not let me.  So you probably mean something else.  Could you please help me with that.

Thanks again,

Chris

BioChris
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:17 PM
  • Hi, migrate LCS 2005 to Lync server 2010 pool isn't supported, so you are not able to change the pool in the properties of an existing sip account with the LCS console, you have to delete all sip user account in LCS console, then enable all AD users in Lync control panel, but all contacts were created in LCS pool will be lost after done that.
    • Marked as answer by StaggerWing Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:55 AM