none
MS14-055 security update for Microsoft Lync Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• hello

after applying this security update do I need to Apply it to the back end database? or is that just when regular patches are applied?

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 1:28 PM

Answers

• Hi totalnet32,

From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2493736, we know that

"After you install the update for the Core Components server role on a Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition front end server, the updated SQL database files are dropped to the computer that has the Core Components server role installed.This also applies to a Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition server. To apply the database changes, run the following cmdlets:

Install-CsDatabase -Update -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn <EEBE.Fqdn> -UseDefaultSqlPaths

"

There's no Core Components server role update, as far as my experience, the DB update is not required.

And I suggest that reboot the Lync Servers once after the updates have been installed.

Best regards,

Eric

• Marked as answer by totalnet32 Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:08 PM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:03 AM

All replies

• The patch only contains 

LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe

Rgs.msp

Server.ms

I believe no Database update is required 

However after the update do keep watching the Lync eventVwr 

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer" Regards Edwin Anthony Joseph

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:01 PM
  • i'm guessing I might see errors related to the sql database?

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:46 PM
  • Hi totalnet32,

From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2493736, we know that

"After you install the update for the Core Components server role on a Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition front end server, the updated SQL database files are dropped to the computer that has the Core Components server role installed.This also applies to a Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition server. To apply the database changes, run the following cmdlets:

Install-CsDatabase -Update -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn <EEBE.Fqdn> -UseDefaultSqlPaths

"

There's no Core Components server role update, as far as my experience, the DB update is not required.

And I suggest that reboot the Lync Servers once after the updates have been installed.

Best regards,

Eric

• Marked as answer by totalnet32 Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:08 PM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:03 AM