none
Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013/Skype for Business Intigration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I would like to integrate my Exchange 2013 with Lync 2013 or Skype for Business. Do I need to configure/Enable Lync Archiving for Exchange integration?

Note: E-discovery and Legal Hold is out of scope. we are looking for only IM Presence and web conferencing.

Kindly let me know if still I Need to configure/Enable Lync Archiving for Exchange integration?

Thanks

Vishal Saxena  

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 9:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Vishal,

Exchange integration (Calendar-based presence, call history and UM -if enabled) does not require you to configure or enable Lync Archiving for Exchange integration.

• Proposed as answer by Akampa Wednesday, March 16, 2016 3:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eason HuangModerator Friday, April 8, 2016 2:25 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 10:24 AM
  • Hi Vishal,

This feature is purely optional. By default, archiving is not enabled in the global settings, nor is Exchange archiving enabled in these settings.

You can leave it if you do not need archiving or you already have configured a Lync archiving SQL database storage.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Vishal,

Exchange integration (Calendar-based presence, call history and UM -if enabled) does not require you to configure or enable Lync Archiving for Exchange integration.

• Proposed as answer by Akampa Wednesday, March 16, 2016 3:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eason HuangModerator Friday, April 8, 2016 2:25 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 10:24 AM
  • Hi Vishal,

This feature is purely optional. By default, archiving is not enabled in the global settings, nor is Exchange archiving enabled in these settings.

You can leave it if you do not need archiving or you already have configured a Lync archiving SQL database storage.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 8:14 AM