none
Video Payload Resolution RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,we have an installation with Lync Server 2013 and SkypeforBusiness client.

Target client machine:

CPU: core i7

RAM: 8GB

Video Card: Intel HD 530

Webcam: Microsoft LifeCam Studio

We have noticed that only one client does a Full HD with video payload resolution logged into Lync in tracing (Lync-UccApi-0.UccApilog) to 1920x1080. The Others client connect only to HD resolution (720p).

We ran DxDiag tool and in the log does not appear di XDVA2 mode, but only "DXVA-HD: Supported".

How is possible to verify if Windows or Lync client is able to use the full hardware acceleration with XDVA2?

Thank you in advance

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 11:05 AM

All replies

• Hi D'Amico,

Have you seen this blog from Jeff Schertz on HD Client and hardware requirements? this may help.

http://blog.schertz.name/2013/05/hd-video-lync-2013/

Thanks,

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:27 PM
  • Hi D'Amico,

As a supplement, the following document describes video hardware support for Skype for Business video calls and describes how to determine the expected video quality for various computer, tablet, and mobile device configurations, computer With DXVA and with Intel HD Graphics Hardware Accelerated Encoder, for 1920x1080, the requirement : 2nd and 3rd generation Intel HD Graphics and GraphicsScore ≥ 5.0

Please refer to
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj688132.aspx

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:10 AM