none
Question Regarding Insights from MyAnalytics RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

We have enabled E1 - Office 365 License for users in a specific location. As Insights from MyAnalytics is included in the plan. We have enabled that as well.

We have also added the Add-in to the Microsoft 365 admin center.

But not everyone are able to view the Add-in on their Outlook ribbon.

Can anyone suggest.

Regards, Prasad

Friday, October 4, 2019 3:06 AM

Answers

• Hey Perry,

I think i found the resolution.

Installing this KB: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57809, got the Insights add-in.

Regards, Prasad

• Marked as answer by RealStruggler Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:23 AM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Prasad,

According to the article regarding MyAnalytics, the add-in is named as Insights.

I guess you may also see "MyAnalytics". They are the same.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 4, 2019 7:29 AM
  • Hello Perry,

Looks like the Users with E3 License are getting MyAnalytics on their Outlook Ribbon. But not the users with E1 License.

Thanks.

Regards, Prasad

Saturday, October 5, 2019 6:45 AM
  • Hello Perry,

Looks like the Users with E3 License are getting MyAnalytics on their Outlook Ribbon. But not the users with E1 License.

Thanks.

Regards, Prasad

Thanks for your information. So this ribbon is also related with License.

Would you mind helping mark your reply as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thanks for your support!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 7, 2019 1:03 AM
  • I need to know why all the users with E1 License and who already have Insights feature enabled. Can't see the add-in on their Outlook ribbon.

Regards, Prasad

Monday, October 7, 2019 10:51 AM
  • I need to know why all the users with E1 License and who already have Insights feature enabled. Can't see the add-in on their Outlook ribbon.

Regards, Prasad

So, there is no 'My analysis' and 'Insights' option in Outlook, right?

What's the detailed version of Outlook client? Do all users use same version of Office? For example, Office 365 client or Office 2016 Proplus.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 5:52 AM
  • According to the official article, the Insights Outlook add-in is automatically installed for your organization when you purchase one of the plans or add-ins listed in Plans and environments.(Office 365 E1 and E3 is listed)

Users will start to see the Insights Outlook add-in in their Outlook application automatically after a license is assigned to them.

Check this link to Confirm the installation of the Insights Outlook add-in

Users can also visit this website(Manage Add-ins option). Sign in with their Office 365 account and confirm if Insights is turned on.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 5:12 AM
  • Hi Prasad,

How is everything going on with this issue? Was the reply above helpful to you?

If yes, it's recommended to mark it as answer which will benefit other forum members a lot.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, October 14, 2019 2:31 AM
  • Hello Perry,

Most of the users are using the same version of Office Professional Plus 2016 (16.0.4266.1001).

When they click on File -> Manage Add-ins, they are able to see the below:

But it won't show on the Outlook ribbon. Every one has a E1 License.

Few users are able to see Insights on their ribbon, when we configured their outlook profile on some other machine.

Not sure what i blocking the add-in.

Regards, Prasad

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:32 AM
  • >>Few users are able to see Insights on their ribbon, when we configured their outlook profile on some other machine.

Since they can see the Insights option on other machine, this error is related with specific Outlook client.

Have you tested in a new profile? Try following steps to see if some settings are corrupted:

Open Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add. Follow the instruction to configure the account.

Another option is to repair Office: To do this, please go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit and then choose Change. Click Repair.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:33 AM
  • Hi Perry,

When i tried creating a new profile, the outlook ribbon still didn't show the Insights add-in.

However, when i tried to configure the same users Outlook profile in another machine, the add-in was available.

All the machines are on Windows 10 - 1903 version. and all are using the same Microsoft professional plus 2016 software.

Not sure what is causing the issue.

Regards, Prasad

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:18 AM
  • So this issue is indeed related with the specific Outlook client. I'd like to recommend you reset Outlook settings on one problematic client to test the results:

(Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

1. Press Win + R to open Run.
    2. Type regedit and press Enter.
    3. Find this path:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook
    4. Rename it to Outlook-1
    5. Restart Outlook and re-configure user account.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, October 17, 2019 5:12 AM
  • Thank you very much Perry!

Regards, Prasad

Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:13 AM
  • Hello Guys,

We have enabled E1 - Office 365 License for users in a specific location. As Insights from MyAnalytics is included in the plan. We have enabled that as well.

We have also added the Add-in to the Microsoft 365 admin center.

But not everyone are able to view the Add-in on their Outlook ribbon.

Most of the users are using the same version of Office Professional Plus 2016 (16.0.4266.1001).

When they click on File -> Manage Add-ins, they are able to see the below:

But it won't show on the Outlook ribbon. Every one has a E1 License.

Few users are able to see Insights on their ribbon, when we configured their outlook profile on some other machine.

Not sure what is blocking the add-in.

Can anyone please assist.

Regards, Prasad

Monday, October 21, 2019 11:09 AM
  • Hi Perry,

For some reason, its still not working even when we changed the Registry Key.

Are there any other settings we can change?

Regards, Prasad

Monday, October 21, 2019 11:10 AM
  • Hi Perry,

For some reason, its still not working even when we changed the Registry Key.

Are there any other settings we can change?

Regards, Prasad

In this case, please test this in a new Windows profile to see the results.

As issue continues after renaming Outlook registry, please also try this steps on one problematic client:

(Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

• Press Win + R to open Run.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Find this path:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\xx.o
    • Rename it to xx.old
    • Restart Outlook and re-configure user account.

Did you install any antivirus software on this PC? If yes, please temporarily close all these programs to see the results.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 12:49 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Both the registry values are in place, but i still can't see the Insights add-in. Please see below:

This is a new installation of a machine, and i have configured my account in this machine.

I am able to see the add-in on my laptop's outlook ribbon but not on this machine.

Are there any other workarounds we can do here?

Regards, Prasad

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 4:58 AM
  • After renaming the registry, open Outlook and re-configure your account, a new key (16.0) would be appear again. All Office settings has reset.

Have you tested in a new Windows profile?

Install available updates for both Office and Windows.

See this link to completely uninstall Office with the uninstall support tool and reinstall again.

If none of this works, please try performing a clean boot in Windows to check the result.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Yes a new 16.0 Key has been created. But still i can't see the add-in

I have tested this on a new profile. Tried on a machine i have never logged in before.

also copied the key of add-in from my laptop to this machine and i still don't see the add-in.

Also rebooted the machine. Makes no difference.

Regards, Prasad

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:04 AM
  • Hey Perry,

I think i found the resolution.

Installing this KB: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57809, got the Insights add-in.

Regards, Prasad

• Marked as answer by RealStruggler Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:23 AM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:23 AM
  • Great! So nice of you to share this information here which may help others :)

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post:

Issue Symptom:

Insight option doesn’t appear in Outlook client even they are enabled via O365 Admin Center.

(Possible) Cause:

• Add-in is not enabled on user side
    • Corrupted Outlook settings
    • Updates not applied

Solution:

Install available updates to Outlook.

Reference link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57809

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 1:37 AM