none
Multiparty IM with Lync (Group Conversation)

Question

• Deployment: Microsoft Lync Server Standard 2011

When I try and do a 3 way IM (Group Conversation) on a Lync client I get the error ID 415 (Source ID 239).

I know the conferencing server is working because PC to PC, Video and Desktop sharing works.

Has anyone else came across this problem?

Thanks, 

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:56 AM

Answers

• Hi, blackduck,

Any progress?

When such an error happened, Lync client will show you The conferencing service did not respond. Please wait…Right?

And I’ve faced a similar issue before. The scenario is that made a group conversation once the users were created. So I tried again later, and it turned to normal.

In addition, there’s another post for reference which solved the problem in a different way.

Above all, hope helpful.

Please remember to click “Mark As Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark As Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 6:52 AM

All replies

• Just because PC to PC video and desktop sharing works, doesnt necessarily mean conferencing is working. When you start a 3 way conversation or a conference, can you describe what happens more detailed?

Are there any events or errors you can post?

Thom Foreman, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:57 PM
  • Hi, blackduck,

Any progress?

When such an error happened, Lync client will show you The conferencing service did not respond. Please wait…Right?

And I’ve faced a similar issue before. The scenario is that made a group conversation once the users were created. So I tried again later, and it turned to normal.

In addition, there’s another post for reference which solved the problem in a different way.

Above all, hope helpful.

Please remember to click “Mark As Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark As Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 6:52 AM