Creating a Report Using a SharePoint List RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a SharePoint List that Named as 'Service Requests'. It has some fields with Date, Time, Status. The Date & Time will be entered. The Status as three values & those will be selected using a Drop Down List Box. The Statuses are 'In Progress, Completed, In completed'.

I want to create a Report using this SharePoint List that include status with other fields in monthly basis. As an example I want the report about the Service Requests within the December month.

I also need to know how am I able to link this report to a Web Menu that in the SharePoint Site. Because there is a web menu in that SharePoint Site. I have not developed this site so I don't know the type of the web menu of this site.

I think someone can help me to solve these problems.

Regards,

Chiranthaka

Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can create reports using SQL Reporting Services in SharePoint Integrated mode based off of List data. Is that what you want to do?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee633650.aspx

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:10 AM
  • First make sure to install SSRS with SharePoint integrated mode, and then install the SharePoint reporting services add-ins 

Then you can design your report and pick data source from SharePoint list

OR

If you simply want to create RDLC reports without reporting services configuration, you can create a custom dataset, design report with your data set, and then write code to get data from SharePoint list and populate the custom data set which interns will be rendered in the report

Mark ANSWER if this reply resolves your query, If helpful then VOTE HELPFUL
    INSQLSERVER.COM Mohammad Nizamuddin

Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:27 AM
  • Your tips are ok. But I need more guide step by step wise. Because I am new to SharePoint.
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 5:18 AM
  • Hi Chiranthaka,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to create a report based on a SharePoint list.

I agree with Trevor’s and Mohammad’s suggestion to use SQL Server Reporting Service to create the report for SharePoint list.

You need to configure Reporting Services for SharePoint 2010 and then use it to create reports.

Here are two links with the detailed steps to create report using SSRS with SharePoint for you to refer:

http://aaclage.blogspot.in/2011/11/create-reports-with-sharepoint-2010-and.html

http://nikpatel.net/2010/06/11/step-by-step-consuming-sharepoint-2010-lists-data-in-the-ssrs-2008-r2-reports/

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Saturday, December 28, 2013 3:07 PM
    Friday, December 20, 2013 3:17 AM