none
Lync 2010 Mobile client WP7 no TMG no Edge - cannot connect to server - IIS virt dir Authentication settings anyone?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I originally posted the question Lync 2010 Mobile client WP7 error - Can't connect to server

The post was highjacked by people with TMG issues, since I do not have TMG server and think my issues are with IIS authentication settings I have started a new thread.

Can anyone with working Lync mobility answer my questions about IIS authenication?

I believe my problems are in IIS on the Front End Server.

Can I ask what your Authentication settings for the virtual directories Autodiscover, CertProv, Mcx and WebTicket under the Lync Server Internal Web Site and Lync Server External Website?

Can I also ask about the port bindings for each Website?

Thanks,

Jeff

MCP MCTS MCITP Enterprise Administrator
    Monday, December 19, 2011 1:26 AM

Answers

• I solved the problem,

I applied this update to the front end server and restarted IIS and the phones now connect.

Update for Lync Server 2010, Unified Communications Managed API 3.0, Core Runtime 64-bit (KB 2500449)

Thanks,

Jeff

• Marked as answer by ssbob1975 Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:56 PM
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:56 PM

All replies

• yeah i have this issue as well. same as you, no tmg and on wifi
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 1:33 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

If you use Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0, you need to perform extra steps to change some ASP.NET settings. If you use IIS 7.5, the installer automatically changes these settings for you.

The Mobility Service installation requires that the Internet Information Services (IIS) module for Dynamic Content Compression be installed. If this module is not already installed in your deployment, install it before running McxStandalone.msi.

Noya Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Noya LauModerator Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:50 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by ssbob1975 Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:07 PM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:56 AM
  • Hi Noya,

I am using IIS7.5 and I have installed the extra IIS components (Add-WindowsFeature Web-Server, Web-Dyn-Compression).

I can see that the client is making it to the server, looking at the Lync Server 2010 Logging Tool > McXService logs I get 4 errors when trying to connect,

<<<<< [Mcx.exception] -----

Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Mcx.McxException: Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Collaboration.UserEndpointSettingsInternal.set_AutoAcceptInterval(Int32)'. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Collaboration.UserEndpointSettingsInternal.set_AutoAcceptInterval(Int32)'.
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Mcx.Session.Initiate(CollaborationPlatform collabPlatform, Boolean isClientOutsideCorporateNetwork, UInt32 userStateAvailability, String culture, String activityToken, UInt32 minUserStateAvailability, UInt32 maxUserStateAvailability, String userAgent, String endpointLocation, Int64 timeZoneBias, String timeZoneName, String timeZoneAbbreviation, UInt32 onlineToInactiveTransitionInterval, String mobilePhoneNumber, EndpointCapabilities capabilities, McxServiceAsyncResult`1 asyncResult)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Mcx.SessionManager.InitiateSession(OCSIdentity identity, Boolean isClientOutsideCorporateNetwork, String appId, String deviceId, UInt32 userStateAvailability, String culture, String activityToken, UInt32 minUserStateAvailability, UInt32 maxUserStateAvailability, String userAgent, String endpointLocation, Int64 timeZoneBias, String timeZoneName, String timeZoneAbbreviation, UInt32 onlineToInactiveTransitionInterval, String mobilePhoneUri, EndpointCapabilities capabilities, McxServiceAsyncResult`1 asyncResult)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Mcx.McxServiceAsyncResult`1.EndInvoke()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Mcx.McxService.EndInitiateSession(IAsyncResult result)

----- [Mcx.callstack] >>>>>

at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Mcx.Utilities.Wpp.Exception(Exception ex)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Mcx.McxService.EndInitiateSession(IAsyncResult result)
       at AsyncInvokeEndEndInitiateSession(Object , Object[] , IAsyncResult )
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.AsyncMethodInvoker.InvokeEnd(Object instance, Object[]& outputs, IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeEnd(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage7(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage6(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.DispatchAndReleasePump(RequestContext request, Boolean cleanThread, OperationContext currentOperationContext)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.HandleRequest(RequestContext request, OperationContext currentOperationContext)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.AsyncMessagePump(IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.Utility.AsyncThunk.UnhandledExceptionFrame(IAsyncResult result)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.WebServicesAuthFramework.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.WebServicesAuthFramework.OCSLayeredChannelListener`2.ReceiveRequestAsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously, Object item)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.WebServicesAuthFramework.OCSLayeredChannelListener`2.ReceiveRequestAsyncResult.OnComplete(Object item)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
       at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jeff

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:09 AM
  • i am also getting this method not found error, the mcx ports are not listening either. really annoying
    Regards, Chris
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:50 AM
  • my method not found issue was resolved by reinstalling the latest pathces for web components
    Regards, Chris
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:04 PM
  • I solved the problem,

I applied this update to the front end server and restarted IIS and the phones now connect.

Update for Lync Server 2010, Unified Communications Managed API 3.0, Core Runtime 64-bit (KB 2500449)

Thanks,

Jeff

• Marked as answer by ssbob1975 Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:56 PM
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:56 PM
  • Hello ssbob1975.

So you don't have any edge or reverse proxy server and you can still use mobility service on wifi?

I also don't have any edge or reverse proxy, i folllowed the instructions on LS_Mobility documentation from Microsoft (except the edge&proxy staff) and my Mobility service still does not work.

After installing mobiliy service, you have modified the certificate on FE with additional SAN records (lyncdiscoverinternal), right? Which CA did you use? Your private CA or a public CA? Have you done any other modifications? I would really appreciate it if you could describe me you installation procedure.

Basically i would like to know if it is possible to use mobility service just for internal users with WIFI, without edge & reverse proxy server.

With regards,

Peter.

Best regards, Peter Korosec

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 1:38 PM
  • Hi Peter,

Yes that is correct no edge no proxy.

Certificate generated by internal CA with all the additions for mobility.

Cant see why it would not work on just WiFi. I have both internal and external access and have no problems with WiFi in the office.

Best bet if you are having issues is to enable logging on the mobile device, try connecting a couple of times and then send yourself a copy of the log, you should be able to see if it is making it to the server or not. If not post a copy of you log file.

If you find it has made it to the server use the server logging tool with just the Mxc service selected and try the connection again a few times and see what is happening there. if there are errors post a copy of the log file.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 2:07 PM
  • Hi

Is push notifications working on windows phone?

eldstado

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:58 AM