none
Deploying Archiving and monitoring on second server

Question

• Dear All,

I have created 1 pool for Archiving & Monitoring. Here, there are 2 servers MA01 & MA02. On MA01, I have installed Reports Deployment for Skype for business. Now, I am deploying on another server, MA02 for failover purpose. I did all the basic configurations. Now, when I go to Deployment Wizard and click on Deploy Monitoring Reports, on the very next screen, I get those instances of MA01, not MA02. 

So can anyone guide me how to have MA02 instances over there?

If anyone can provide the link for deploying reports on secondary monitoring server, it will be great.

Look forward to hearing soon.

Neel

Monday, March 20, 2017 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hello Neel, 

As far i understand with SFB2015 there is no seperate server that we assign for the monitoring role , we put a check mark for the FEs to run the monitoring services, Did you confirm that you have selected the monitoring services is associated  with the pool and its published correctly. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Monday, March 20, 2017 11:16 AM
  • Agree with Akampa 

Monitoring in Skype for Business Server does not require a separate server role (as was the case in earlier Lync versions); instead, the monitoring service is built into each Front End server. Monitoring is not enabled by default in Skype for Business Server.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204937.aspx#Basics

Perhaps you can make use of Database Mirroring feature in SFB server 

"Database mirroring" provides a way for you to simultaneously maintain two copies of a database, with each database residing on a different server. Any time data is written to a primary database that same data is also written to the mirror database. If the primary database should fail or otherwise become unavailable, you can "fail over" to the mirror database

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204937.aspx

MCSA Office 365 | MCSA Exchange server 2010 | Red Hat Certified Engineer

Monday, March 20, 2017 12:39 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

We have enabled the feature on FE only, but We have created LcsCDR and QoE Matrix on other servers named MA01 and MA02. 

I am just concentrating on report generation. On MA01, I deployed reporting service and Call Quality Dashboard. The same I want to have for MA02, other server. Can I do this? So that of web URL does not work for MA01, from 2nd URL generated from MA02, I can have reports.

I think now I will be understood to you more.

Look forward to your response.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:16 AM