Lync front end service not starting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just installed lync server 2013 on server 2008 R2. After completing installation, I am not able to start lync frond end service. Please suggest.

Event viewer shows like this,

Log Name: Lync Server
    Source: LS User Services
    Date: 1/8/2013 2:22:12 AM
    Event ID: 32212
    Task Category: (1006)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: comp1.mydomainname.com
    Description:
    Lync Server Service Startup Pending as Backup Store BackEnd is not yet available.
    Service Startup will be delayed until the Backup Store BackEnd becomes available.
    Cause: Possible Issues with the Backup Store BackEnd.
    Resolution:
    Ensure that the Backup Store BackEnd SQL Server is running and connectivity is working. The Backup Store needs to be available for initial startup to complete.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="LS User Services" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="33774">32212</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>1006</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-01-08T10:22:12.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1967</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Lync Server</Channel>
    <Computer>comp1.myDomainname.com</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Oguzhan and all,

My issue is resolved now. Its not a connectivity issue between lync and FE/BE SQL.

There an issue with the database RTCXDS which was not created on BE SQL. I had followed below steps and it is started now.

from the topology builder --> right click on server name --> install database.

It creates RTCXDS and it works fine!!!!!!!!!!

THanks guys!!!

• Marked as answer by gtl_shweta Wednesday, January 9, 2013 4:21 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 4:21 AM
  • Hi,

As I can see you're deploying Lync Server 2013 Enterprise Edition. Make sure the SQL services of  Lync FE and back end SQL server are started.

SQL connection can not be established. Go to Backend SQL Server and check services started.

Regards

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As I can see you're deploying Lync Server 2013 Enterprise Edition. Make sure the SQL services of  Lync FE and back end SQL server are started.

SQL connection can not be established. Go to Backend SQL Server and check services started.

Regards

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:54 PM
  • Hi Oguzhan and all,

My issue is resolved now. Its not a connectivity issue between lync and FE/BE SQL.

There an issue with the database RTCXDS which was not created on BE SQL. I had followed below steps and it is started now.

from the topology builder --> right click on server name --> install database.

It creates RTCXDS and it works fine!!!!!!!!!!

THanks guys!!!

• Marked as answer by gtl_shweta Wednesday, January 9, 2013 4:21 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 4:21 AM
  • Good to hear that and thanks for sharing.

In addition, here is a blog on Lync Server 2013 Enterprise Server Setup (Step-by-Step) for others to install the Lync server 2013 successfully.

http://lyncuc.blogspot.com/2012/07/lync-server-2013-enterprise-server.html

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:53 AM
  • Hi Lisa,

I have used same blog for my configuration.

Is there any links to install and configure edge server for my lync 2013 enterprise edition?

Thank you.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:12 AM
  • gtl_shweta,

Did you right click on the FE or on the SQL server?

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 6:23 PM
  • Thanks Oguzhan,

It works.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 10:07 AM
  • Hello Oguzhan,

I follow the article on oiboran.com for lync 2010 to 2013 migration , but I have a database issue ,

in my lync 2010 I have 3 servers (FE, ME, BE) , in the new 2013 I have 2 servers (FE ,BE )

I went throw the steps for migration till I reach to the topology builder where I have to create the database for (rtc , 2013mon,2013 arc)

I chose to put all the three DB in BE server . I installed the sql server 2012 on my BE server ,

I get this error when I try to finish the install DB from topology builder

SqlConnectionFailure: Failed to connect to SQL Server

7/17/2014 6:39:06 AM

Error

â””

Error: Failed to find SQL Service. Make sure that SQL Server service (instance name rtc) is installed in machine HQ-LYNC2013-BE.######

Error

â–¼ Details

â”” Type: DbSetupSqlServiceNotInstalledException

â”” â–º Stack Trace

â””

at Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.DbUtils.GetSqlServerStatus(Server sqlServer)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.DbUtils.StartSqlServer(Server sqlServer, Action`2 log)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.DbSetupBase.ConnectSqlServer()

at Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.DbSetupBase.Initialize(Dictionary`2 parameters)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.DbSetupBase..ctor(Dictionary`2 parameters, Action`2 log)

â””

SqlConnectionFailure: Failed to connect to the SQL server HQ-LYNC2013-BE.##########\rtc.

â””

SqlConnectionFailureResolution: Make sure that SQL Server is running and you have enough rights to connect to the server.

â””

Found "RTCHSUniversalServices": True

â””

SqlConnectionFailure: Failed to connect to SQL Server

Error

â””

Error: Failed to find SQL Service. Make sure that SQL Server service (instance name rtc) is installed in machine HQ-LYNC2013-BE.######

my question now what I did wrong ? do I have to install sql server 2012 to my FE ?

now I have the error

Lync Server Service Startup Pending as Backup Store BackEnd is not yet available.

Service Startup will be delayed until the Backup Store BackEnd becomes available.

Cause: Possible Issues with the Backup Store BackEnd.

Resolution:

Ensure that the Backup Store BackEnd SQL Server is running and connectivity is working. The Backup Store needs to be available for initial startup to complete.

Local backend store could not be acquired.

Sql Instance: (local)\rtclocal Database: rtc could not be acquired.

Cause: Connectivity issues with the database or issues with SQL Server.

Resolution:

Check the health of the (local)\rtclocal instance and ensure that it is fully functional.

any advice about this issue ?

Regards

MK

Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:49 AM
  • Thanks Oguzhan, that solved my issue as well.
    Monday, August 18, 2014 5:17 PM
  • Hello  Oguzhan,

I had the same problem, and followed your steps and the issues now resolved.

Many thanks

KimaniBob

Thursday, May 4, 2017 12:31 PM