none
When i am trying to add cross forest mail contacts to the choose presenter manually option in microsoft Lync 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• When i am trying to add cross forest mail contacts to the choose presenter manually option in microsoft Lync 2013.

Error:External attendees and distribution lists cannot be made presenters in lync 2013. you can enable manually while they join the meeting.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hi rashddu,

Did you get this error when you choose the “People I choose” option in Skype meeting option and try to add the user as presenter?

Please check this article about the description of meeting option.

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/change-participant-settings-for-lync-meetings-cee2aa78-d878-4a63-ad33-9c249fceced9

According it, “Note:  When you select People I choose, click Choose Presenters, and then move the participants from the Attendee to Presenters side. External invitees and distribution lists can’t be added as presenters, but you can give presenter permission to individuals when you are in the meeting.”

If it is your case, I think it is by default about this scenario.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Friday, May 31, 2019 8:27 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 6:47 AM
  • Actually i already did investigate this option which specifies we can give presenter permission to the participants after they are in the meeting.

I also went through through the option which specifies no restriction for presenters.

Here end user wants this option only.

This is challenging. 

Thursday, May 30, 2019 11:01 AM
  • Hi rashddu,

Thanks for your reply.

“Here end user wants this option only.”  -- I’m afraid it could not do with the “People I choose” option. Hope you could persuade them to try other options.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 31, 2019 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 7:41 AM