none
call from within the organisation RRS feed

• Question

When I make a call from within the organisation that has Skype for Business and chose to call someone in the organisation :

Right click name--> Call -->work +1234565555, does this call get charged $$? meaning does it need to go outside the organisation (PABX) and comeback?

Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can check in the SFB reports if there was a P2P call. Normally it should stay within Skype for Business, because the lineuri is assigned to a user.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/manage/health-and-monitoring/peer-to-peer-session-detail-report

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Edited by Er-D Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:48 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Er-D Sunday, June 23, 2019 8:55 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

Normally when a user call a number, SFB Frontend server would do "Reverse Number Lookup (RNL)" and check if there is a matched number associated with a user in a local database, if yes, it would do inbound routing, would not hit the PSTN gateway. (as below)

In addition, here is an article about some flows you could refer to: 

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Skype-for-Business-SIP-4d16a292

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 14, 2019 6:50 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Friday, June 28, 2019 5:56 AM