none
Replication delay RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have a question.  I have noticed in our Lync 2013 enviroment that the replication of user data seems very slow to our branch sites.  For example when a new common area phone is created for a SBS server site it can take upwards of 30 min for that account to show up on the branch site.  This causes issues when trying to set pins and other tasks related to the account creation.

We are running the latest CU for Lync as of today could anyone point me to where I should be looking to resolve this great delay.

thanks

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Dan_meeder,

Normally, Lync server replication will take a period of time.

Please check if there are any event IDs in Lync server side.

For this issue, please try to use the following command to force CMS replication: Invoke-CsManagementStoreReplication, for details, please refer to the following article
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg413060.aspx

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Akampa Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:26 AM
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 2:56 AM
  • Hi Dan,

This sounds more like a delay with AD sync, than with Lync replication.

You can confirm this by running get-csmanagementreplicationstatus. Check that all sites are up to date.

Take a look at your AD sites and services, to see how things are configured to replicate.

- Craig
    blog.chiffers.com

• Proposed as answer by Akampa Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:26 AM
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:53 AM
  • Hi Dan,

Please cross check Active directory replication interval between sites.

Also you can check setting of replication interval for CMS database by running below mentioned command.

Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus -CentralManagementStoreStatus

For more help please share details for existing Lync topology.

Thanks

Vbhadauria

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:23 AM