none
Adjust lync attendee download link RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to adjust lync attendee download link. I know you can enable it using powershell, and it is then visible on the sign-in page. But is it possible to change the link to, for example, an internal or external website. This was possible in OCS 2007 R2. You were able to adjust this download site.

Kind Regards,

Ivo Frenken

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 10:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

So you mean you would like to redirect the "download and install Lync Attendee" option to another URL?

By search on the MS website and internet I haven't found any documents refer this function.It direct to Microsoft download cetnter to download and install Lync Attendee by default.Because there are three ways to join a meeting and almost all external users are able to access Microsoft to download it.

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Hope this link is what you need.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398063.aspx

Additionally,there is a similar post about using cmdlet to modify the URL.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsplanningdeployment/thread/ea86d7b3-0e7d-422c-9542-6c520ff16a77/

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:07 AM
  • Hi,

This is not exactly what I mean. I want to adjust the "Download and install Lync Attendee" client link. This link is presented when you click on the join meeting link in an inventation. Then the /Meet page is opened. Here this link will be show, if you have enabled this.

Regards,

Ivo

Monday, April 18, 2011 7:23 AM
  • Hi,

So you mean you would like to redirect the "download and install Lync Attendee" option to another URL?

By search on the MS website and internet I haven't found any documents refer this function.It direct to Microsoft download cetnter to download and install Lync Attendee by default.Because there are three ways to join a meeting and almost all external users are able to access Microsoft to download it.

Regards,

Sharon

Thursday, May 5, 2011 6:24 AM
  • Ivo -- I too need to modify this link to point elsewhere as many of our customers block Microsoft Downloads.  Where you able to find an answer to this?

Thanks, Allen

Thursday, November 3, 2011 11:39 PM
  • Hi Sharon,

I have some problem with Lync Meeting URL.

1. When i am opening any Meeting URL in Local Front end server then its showing option for Download Lync Attendee. but if i am try to open meeting URL in External network then ts not showing download Lync Atendee option only option showing is Try with Lyn web apps.

Please help me that what i am missing in configuration.

Amit Sharma

Monday, March 26, 2012 9:38 AM