none
'Require wi-fi for' options are greyed out - Why? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I used to be able to join a SfB conference call using my mobile network data and I could view the meeting screen share content and have the conference call me using voice, ie. I could get clear voice and meeting content. That was using an iphone 7.

I now have the iphone 8 and yesterday was unable to view meeting content using mobile network data with an error message relating to it being disabled in voice settings. I only had the option for the meeting to call my mobile number for voice.

Upon investigation, I see a number of options are greyed out and I do not know how to activate them in order to turn them off. (attached photo)

My desired outcome is: the ability to use my mobile data to join a conference call and 1) be able to view meeting content being shared and 2) connect to conference audio using mobile number concurrently.

Please help and advise. Thanks!

• Edited by bkchow Friday, April 13, 2018 3:23 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2018 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hi bkchow ,

Please run the Get-CsMobilityPolicy | select Identity,RequireWIFIForIPAudio  in the SFB management shell,check the Identity  and the attribute of -RequireWIFIForIPAudio  whether it is false ,if it is true ,please change it, then re-login the SFB app.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 13, 2018 7:10 AM
  • Leon, thanks for your reply.

Can you provide the steps to access the SFB management shell on my iPhone 8??

Thanks, Benny

Friday, April 13, 2018 3:15 PM
  • If you want to access the SFB management shell,you should contact your SFB administrator,if you are sfb administrator ,please open the SFB front end server ,find the this tool like the following screenshot.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 16, 2018 11:55 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates? If the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:17 AM