none
Install Lync 2013 via GPO RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am deploy Lync as this posting: http://blogs.technet.com/b/mir/archive/2011/06/04/how-to-automate-lync-client-2010-deployment-in-multi-architect-environment-using-active-directory-group-policy.aspx

And I run as script as recommended but LyncSetup.exe will be copy to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Lync_Client\X64 (windows 7 64bit) and then nothing happen...

If i run LyncSetup.exe directly from above directory it's showing message: The specified module could not be found.

Here is my bat file:

If Exist %systemroot%\%computername%.txt goto END

If Exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\" goto X64

Set ARCHITECTURE=x86

REM Creating Lync and office suite Client folder on %USERPROFILE%

IF NOT EXIST "%USERPROFILE%\Lync_Client\X86" MKDIR "%USERPROFILE%\Lync_Client\X86"

REM Copying Lync software to Lync Software folder on %USERPROFILE%

pushd "\\server\Lync_Setup\x86\"

XCOPY "*.exe" "%USERPROFILE%\Lync_Client\X86" /I /Y /Q

"%UserProfile%\Lync_Client\%ARCHITECTURE%\LyncSetup.exe" /install /silent

if %errorlevel%==0 (goto Successfull) else (goto Fail)

:Successfull

Echo "Lync Successfully installed" on %COMPUTERNAME% > %systemroot%\%Computername%.txt

Echo "Lync Successfully installed" on %COMPUTERNAME% >\\server\Client_Deployment_Result\%computername%.txt

goto END

:Fail

Echo "Lync Setup ended with error code %errorlevel% " on %COMPUTERNAME% > %systemroot%\%Computername%.txt

Echo "Lync Setup ended with error code %errorlevel% " on %COMPUTERNAME% >\\server\Client_Deployment_Result\%computername%.txt

goto END

:X64

If NOT EXIST "C:\Program Files (x86)\" goto END

Set ARCHITECTURE=x64

REM Creating Lync Client folder on %USERPROFILE%

IF NOT EXIST "%USERPROFILE%\Lync_Client\X64" MKDIR "%USERPROFILE%\Lync_Client\X64"

REM Copying Lync software to Lync Software folder on %USERPROFILE%

pushd "\\server\Lync_Setup\x64\"

XCOPY "*.exe" "%USERPROFILE%\Lync_Client\X64" /I /Y /Q

"%UserProfile%\Lync_Client\%ARCHITECTURE%\LyncSetup.exe" /install /silent

if %errorlevel%==0 (goto Successfull) else (goto Fail)

:Successfull

Echo "Lync Successfully installed" on %COMPUTERNAME% > %systemroot%\%Computername%.txt

Echo "Lync Successfully installed" on %COMPUTERNAME% >\\server\Client_Deployment_Result\%computername%.txt

goto END

:Fail

Echo "Lync Setup ended with error code %errorlevel% " on %COMPUTERNAME% > %systemroot%\%Computername%.txt

Echo "Lync Setup ended with error code %errorlevel% " on %COMPUTERNAME% >\\server\Client_Deployment_Result\%computername%.txt

goto END

EXIT

All folder share on server with Everyone can access full permission.

Any help is appreciated,

• Moved by Frank Shen5 Thursday, August 21, 2014 6:43 AM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>If i run LyncSetup.exe directly from above directory it's showing message: The specified module could not be found.

Based on the error description, in order to get better help, we may ask for suggestions in the Lync forum and I have helped move the thread to the forum.

Besides, regarding using group policy to deploy, the following blog can also be referred to for more information.

Deploy Lync Client Using Group Policy

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/9897.deploy-lync-client-using-group-policy.aspx

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Thursday, August 21, 2014 6:50 AM
  • And I run as script as recommended but LyncSetup.exe will be copy to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Lync_Client\X64 (windows 7 64bit) and then nothing happen...

If i run LyncSetup.exe directly from above directory it's showing message: The specified module could not be found.

Hi,

From your description above, it showed error if you directly ran LyncSetup.exe after it moved to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Lync_Client\X64 (windows 7 64bit) with the help of script. You can try to find the initial Lync 2010 software package, and click LyncSetup.exe to install it directly to check if the issue happen.

If the issue happen again, check if you have installed any anti-virus application such as Kaspersky or something else prevent you writing data. Or it is the issue of Lync software package itself.

If the issue not happen, there may be something wrong when install Lync client by GPO. As Frank Shen said, you can try to deploy Lync client using Group Policy with the link he provided.

Best Regards,

Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:35 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for all reply.

I did follow with Frank Shen recommended but nothing happen when apply GPO for a group computer.

When i checked task manager on a workstation and saw LyncSetup process seems to hang, no process continue:

I also check Windows event but did not see anything...

I created a folder with name: Lync_Setup on server and shared it with permission as the article, download Microsoft Lync Basic 2013 (32 Bit) from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35451 then change file to Lyncsetup.exe then put it on folder share and using bat file such as: \\server\Lync_Setup\Lyncsetup /install /silent.

If i browsing to: \\server\Lync_Setup\ and run directly the Lyncsetup.exe file is Ok.

Where am  i  miss something?

Any help is very appreciated

• Edited by trungmv Friday, August 22, 2014 6:34 AM miss
    Friday, August 22, 2014 6:20 AM