none
GPO for QOS RRS feed

Answers

• I would apply to the computer. This is not an user privilege that we want to apply to certain group of people. We want the packets to be tagged as Long as it Originates from Lync.exe & belongs to certain range of ports.
    • Proposed as answer by jim-xuModerator Friday, March 3, 2017 9:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by mod 13 Saturday, March 11, 2017 5:34 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:40 PM

All replies

• Hi mod13,

Technet’s document give an example to us. The document which you provide is for client running on Windows 7 and Windows 8, so it will create a computer configurations. If GPO of user configuration is working for QOS, it is well. 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:35 AM
  • After push down gpo, perform sniffer trace and ensure the SfB traffic is marked with DSCP values.
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:00 PM
  • I understand the concept my only question was ... Is there a reason to apply sfb gpo to computer configuration rather than user configuration?
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:24 PM
  • I would apply to the computer. This is not an user privilege that we want to apply to certain group of people. We want the packets to be tagged as Long as it Originates from Lync.exe & belongs to certain range of ports.
    • Proposed as answer by jim-xuModerator Friday, March 3, 2017 9:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by mod 13 Saturday, March 11, 2017 5:34 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:40 PM