none
Problem with adding a Presenter to an online Meeting (Outlook 2016 Mac & Skype 4 Business Mac) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I’m not able to add Presenter to a Skype 4 Business for Mac Meeting in the Meeting settings (in Outlook).

When I try to add someone from my company I get the error message attached. This error is already some months and versions old. 

I’m using S4B 16.22.175 and Outlook 16.16.3

In the background we use a Lync 2013 Server.

My account is working fine if I use a windows client.

I already contacted the Mac Outlook Support and answers.microsoft.com and they found out it has to be related to Skype for Business and not Outlook.

This is the error message I receive:

(picture removed because of an error message here)

What was in the Picture:

Outlook for Mac with a new Online Meeting

Online Meeting Options open

Presenter Settings "People I choose"

Tried to add a user (same company and domain) getting error message.

Cannot add presenter

Attendees that are not in your company cannot be assigned the presenter role when you schedule a meeting. You can make them presenters after they join the meeting.

The additional user is part of the same domain as mine.

We are using a local Exchange Server (2013 - CU16)

Outlook is on the last available version (2016 - 16.16.3)

I can also provide logs from Outlook or Skype for Business (I was already talking to the Outlook Support via Outlook)

Additional Information: If I choose "Everyone from my company" it is working just in this window seen above it is not possible (even not "Select All").

Do you have a clue?

Thank you

BR

Daniel

Friday, November 2, 2018 7:48 AM

Answers

• HI Evan, I'm sorry. I forgot about this.

The Problem was that the OAB (Offline Address Book) was not loaded correctly. This was visible in the logs in this path:~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Microsoft/uls/com.microsoft.outlook/logs

When you do a grep -i oab on the the .log file in this folder we found that there was a problem downloading the OAB.

We also found out that this is the cause if you cannot see the oab.xml file in this folder:

~/Library/Group Containers/UBF…Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/Main Profile/Caches/[Numbers]/Download/

If the OAB is not loaded often the Download Folder is also not there.

To fix this you have to create a new Outlook Profile (Applications -> right click on Outlook -> Show Package Content -> Contents -> Shared Support -> Outlook Profile Manager)

I hope if someone else get into this problem this post can help.

Have a great day

Daniel

• Marked as answer by danielp_aut Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:20 AM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Daniel,

According to your description, did it also not work when you chose “Everyone from my company”? As you have tried many versions of Skype for Business in the MAC and all of them had this issue, and It worked fine in the Windows. It seems the accounts could not be trusted as one organization in the MAC.

For this issue, I suggest you could try to login your account in another MAC and try to check whether this issue occurs again. You could also try to check the address book in the Outlook on MAC whether works fine. In addition, based on my research, it may have some issues when you are using different version of SFB with different MAC OS version, you could refer to this link. I suggest you could try to update the SFB and Outlook to the latest version on the MAC.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, November 5, 2018 2:53 AM
  • Hi Evan,

Thank you for your reply.

It also happens with other users on other Macs. (Also when I login to another Mac)

If I choose all from my company it is working but if I choose "People I choose" it is not possible to use "Select All"

I'm using Skype 16.22.178 (latest update) and Outlook 16.16.3 (latest Office 2016 update)

It is also working when I'm in a running meeting to grant presenter rights to another attendee.

Thank you

BR
    Daniel

• Edited by danielp_aut Monday, November 5, 2018 3:37 PM added information
    Monday, November 5, 2018 3:36 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

It seems there’s something wrong with the Online Meeting function. About this, I suggest you could post your feedback in the Skype for Business Feedback website

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:50 AM
  • Hi Evan,

Yes, I also think that this is a bug. I will try my luck at the feedback website.

Because my problem is not yet solved, what should I do with my answer here?

Thank you
    BR
    Daniel

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 2:45 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

You could try to provide the link of the feedback you post in the feedback website and mark the reply as answer, it will let others who have the similar issue know about this, and suggest them vote for it. If there are many votes about this, this issue is very likely to be fixed in the near future.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:22 AM
  • Hi Evan,

Thank you.

I have opened an idea at Skype feedback:

https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/suggestions/35922124-problem-with-adding-a-presenter-to-an-online-meeti

We also open a official MS ticket to get this solved. As soon as this is solved I will update this question as well.

BR
    Daniel

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:37 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

Thanks for you sharing, if there’s any update please kind let us know.

In addition, you could mark your reply as answer, it will let other who have the similar issue know the feedback you posted.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:26 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Is there any update for this issue, if you have fixed this issue, please kind to share to us and try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Thursday, November 15, 2018 6:16 AM
  • HI Evan, I'm sorry. I forgot about this.

The Problem was that the OAB (Offline Address Book) was not loaded correctly. This was visible in the logs in this path:~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Microsoft/uls/com.microsoft.outlook/logs

When you do a grep -i oab on the the .log file in this folder we found that there was a problem downloading the OAB.

We also found out that this is the cause if you cannot see the oab.xml file in this folder:

~/Library/Group Containers/UBF…Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/Main Profile/Caches/[Numbers]/Download/

If the OAB is not loaded often the Download Folder is also not there.

To fix this you have to create a new Outlook Profile (Applications -> right click on Outlook -> Show Package Content -> Contents -> Shared Support -> Outlook Profile Manager)

I hope if someone else get into this problem this post can help.

Have a great day

Daniel

• Marked as answer by danielp_aut Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:20 AM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:19 AM