none
Can we disable SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 on lync 2010 servers RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, you may be able to disable SSL 3 but you probably need to support TLS 1.0. 

Lync 2010 will not function in an environment where TLS 1.0 has been disabled. Please find the blog here for more details.

And please kindly note Lync 2010 was never part of Microsofts scope to support TLS 1.2, thus if you have a Lync 2010 environment it is recommended you upgrade to Skype for Business Server 2015 or higher.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:41 AM
  • Thanks Calvin for your comments.

Can you please share any link or technet artical from MS(no impact after disable SSL 3.0 on lync 2010)

Thanks Rattnesh

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:57 AM
  • Hi Ratt_507,

For disabling SSL3.0 there is an article

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/uclobby/2014/10/22/disabling-ssl-3-0-in-lync-server-2013/

Regards,

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 11:31 AM
  • HI Majid,

Thanks for the shared article, but its for Lync 2013 and Skype for Business Server 2015. I'm looking for Lync 2010

Thanks Rattnesh

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 5:32 PM
  • Hi Rattnesh,

I'm afraid I haven't found any related official articles describing the effect of disabling SSL 3.0 on Lync 2010 server, as this product hasn't any update article from MS for a long time and it is out of the mainstream support date.

However, here I found some similar discussion topics could be as the reference:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c743b161-246f-477b-bbb9-1021f9519fe3/lync-2010-poodle-vulnerability?forum=ocsmanagement

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1130578-lync-2010-switching-from-sslv3-to-tls1-2

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:19 AM
  • Thanks Calvin, i already checked these.

Thanks Rattnesh

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:42 PM
  • Hi Rattnesh,

You are welcome. Please feel free to post the thread to us if you have any other questions, and if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. :)

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 9:56 AM