none
Share InfoPath Form on Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.

Affected products: InfoPath 2013 64-bit and Office 2016 (Outlook 2016) 64-bit

I’m aware of Microsoft’s intentions on InfoPath client, but some internal procedures still require read only snapshots to be shared by email - as a graphical form, not as a simple attachment.
    All Share options are available expect Email (Send Form; Send Form & Template and Read-Only Snapshot), as they appear to be greyed out.

Is this an InfoPath 2013 – Outlook 2016 compatibility issue or a simple InfoPath Filler problem?

Thank you for your time.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 4:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I can replicate this issue but I haven't found the root cause. However, I noticed that some features require Outlook 2013 to be set as the default mail client. Maybe this has some effect on this issue. I'll keep researching on this issue and will let you know if there is any progress.

Other community members who have the same issue may also share you insight here.

Thanks,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Friday, May 13, 2016 6:46 AM
  • To my understanding InfoPath Forms are not supported in Outlook 2016. You can attach file but Active form  will not be embedded in Outlook 2016 (Office 365) as it was in previous versions of Outlook (2013,2010 ..)

So, you will have an attached xml file (InfoPath Form) and a static picture of the form inside of Outlook email.

• Edited by eugeneusa Monday, August 29, 2016 7:07 PM
    Monday, August 29, 2016 6:49 PM
  • Hi Steve, do u have any update on this case? i have the same issue.
    Friday, March 10, 2017 3:21 AM