Ability to resize Favorites pane height in Outlook 2013 removed? RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon all,

One of the users I support was missing something after being upgraded from Office 2010 to 2013 and I hadn't ever been previously asked about this. In Outlook 2010, you could resize/collapse the height of the left-side Favorites navigation pane into a scrollable section, via the dotted line just above the user's Mailbox in Outlook 2010 which was clearly & easily adjustable, to compensate for having a large amount of favorites, in order to keep the main folders pane below tall, displaying as many of your own folders and any shared/group folders as possible, without too much scrolling there. However, in Outlook 2013, there is a solid line just below the last Favorite folder entry. That's clearly NOT adjustable, and I haven't been able to find much about this, whether saying it's just that way, period, or describing any options for enabling this. I want to make sure this isn't something that IS adjustable, when one digs into the correct customization options. It seems to me that's just how it is, but didn't want to toss in the towel til I'd searched more on "the google", and asked here in the community for expert opinion on this question. 

(apologies for not including links/pictures to show what I'm talking about, I'm not yet allowed to include images/links in my posts)

Thanks for any & all input,

Chris
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

I've tried testing in Outlook 2010, but I cannot resize/collapse the height of the left-side Favorites navigation pane into a scrollable section. I saw the dotted line but I cannot drag the line. The only option we can used to collapse Favorites in Outlook 2010 is to click Expanded icon. See: https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Collapse-or-expand-Favorites-in-the-Navigation-Pane-6ed98756-8852-471e-a361-37b8c47b850b?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB. It's the same thing in Outlook 2013.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know. If you want to share screenshots to us, you can send them via GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com. Please involve the thread URL in the email message for easy follow-up.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:33 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 7:34 AM