none
Federation Issue - 1 way communication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm having some issues on federation for 2 Direct federated domain. Some backgrounds on the setup.

Initially I have 1 parent domain with 2 child domain. After the migration, one of the child domain split out of it. 

eg.
    abc.local (Parent domain)
    domainA.abc.local (Child domain)
    domainB.abc.local (Child domain) (To migrate out)

SIP for outgoing child domain (Migrated out) (domainB.abc.local)
    user@domainB.abc.local

The users from domainB after migration are still using the same SIP and able to search/msg other users who are on abc.local. However abc.local users are not able to search and initiate chat. 

Is it because domainB.abc.local has not been decomm hence my skype from abc.local search contact internally instead?

If I have to make this work, is there any other options?

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 4:37 AM

All replies

• Hi BensonL,

Did domainB.abc.local trust the domainA.abc.local with each other?

Did abc.local trust the domainA.abc.local with each other?

Now when user@domainB.abc.local migrate out , could they communicate with  domainA.abc.local (Child domain)?but they cannot communicate with abc.local (Parent domain)?

Based on my research, if the migrated domain  do not trust the other domains, it like a standalone forest, if you want them to communicate each other, please make a federation.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:07 AM
  • Hi Leon,

We are using the following SIP addresses;

user@abc.local (Pool A)
    user@domainB.abc.local (Pool B)

abc.local is parent of DomainA.abc.local and DomainB.abc.local

Since users reside in DomainB.abc.local has migrated to NewDomain.def.local however still using SIP address user@domainB.abc.local .

NewDomain.def.local has no trust with any of the abc.local domains(both parent n child). 

After the migration of the users, pool B has been decomm. However, AD services still not decomm. 

and yes, federation is required for them. I'm able to communicate from the migrated users to old users. However, old users are not able to initiate chat with migrated users.

• Edited by BensonL Wednesday, May 23, 2018 7:07 AM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2018 7:04 AM
  • Hi BensonL,

If you user the old SIP address user@domainB.abc.local,but you have the NewDomain.def.local,which domain as your SIP domain for SFB server?

If you use the NewDomain.def.local as your SIP domain for SFB server, you should Add additional SIP domains(user@domainB.abc.local) in existing deployment.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/30621.lync-2013-step-by-step-add-additional-sip-domains-in-existing-deployment.aspx

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 28, 2018 9:25 AM
  • Hi Leon,

I got new findings. As mentioned earlier, one of the child domain migrated out to new domain. I'm having their GAL sync contacts in the old domain for exchange use.

I noticed that Im not able to IM those users who have contacts in the AD. How can I overcome this issue? Do I revoke-CSOUPermission ?

Monday, June 4, 2018 4:08 AM
  • Yes ,if you set the Grant-CsOUPermission before,you could run this cmd to remove it

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 10:20 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, June 7, 2018 8:35 AM
  • Hi Leon,

I have revoked the rights for skype to read GALSync OU. However, my SFB client seems to be looking up the contacts internally.

To reconfirm my setup,

SIP address of the 2 domains are 
    user@abc.local 
    migrateduser@domainB.abc.local (residing in def.local domain)

I have tested users without GALSync contacts, they are able to federate with each other. Any ways to overcome this ?

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 2:56 AM