none
"Tag for status change alerts" - how to find out if someone has tagged you RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

On the "Tag for status change alerts" functionality, I was wondering if there is a way to find out if someone has tagged you for change alerts. Please let me know if I can find this out directly or by using an available tool / plugin. I am an user and do not have access to the lync server.

Thanks in advance

Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi - this is not possible, from your Lync client you can tag others but there's no way to check who tagged you.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:40 PM
  • Doulouz is right. It is not possible to check that.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, July 8, 2013 8:52 AM
  • Excellent question, not so excellent answers though.  Allowing the ability to view a list of people that have you tagged for status change alerts would be an extremely valuable option/setting.  From a developer perspective this should be a relatively easy feature to add and implement.  Anyone know where to request product enhancements to the Lync team?   
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 3:41 PM
  • I agree the ability to see who you have tagged would be extremely useful.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:47 AM
  • People... just show up to work on time, don't take extended lunches, and don't leave early.. this is why it would be useful to you right?  Besides knowing if your boss is watching you or if you have a stalker, how else would this be useful?
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:45 PM
  • I agree with Sunny, there is no benefit on knowing who tag me unless I want to watch out for my status when my boss is in the office. Let's just do our work, that is what we are getting paid for. 
    Wednesday, December 2, 2015 9:07 PM
  • I'd say it is kind of creepy and alarming on how open the tagging feature is at this point in time.  I'd rather have a feature that allowed me to authorize someone to follow-me.  I'd have no issue in authorizing my boss.  But, it would give me control to not have anybody do it.  Otherwise, it can feel like people are hovering over my every move.

The intent on the feature should be to alert you so that you can contact the person at the next earliest time.  Why keep that open ended indefinitely unless you are stalking?  So I'd flip it to say, why not do your job instead of wondering if I'm doing mine...bosses excluded of course.

Friday, February 19, 2016 10:31 PM
  • Interesting thread...usually TechNet is technical mumbo jumbo....but this is different and pertinent.

Creepy factor, Trust factor, lazy-good-for-nuthin-worker factor. I think the tag feature makes sense in SFB given the lengths that it goes to integrate into the workplace. But there is always that co-worker who keeps tab.

I've seen people set their status to something weird and leave it there just so anyone trying to tag or follow will never really know where they are. It seems to persist when you set your own status.  Totally circumvents the purpose of the tool...but only way to "feel" secure.

I personally try to signoff skype when I log in from home. Don't want people to bother me off-hours when I'm using my-time to fix something at work quickly.

Thursday, February 25, 2016 2:54 PM
  • Also to stop someone from tagging you.
    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 2:44 PM
  • I believe for Sunny and Olga, there is no question that women stalk Men at work; how about the other way around?

I do work on papers sometimes, than the PC, yes, in 2017, I work with paper documents, or work at colleagues desk, knowledge sharing.

I would like to know if my manager is doing a micro-management on the team members.

I on the other hand, work an extra hour(without logging more than 8 hrs per day), so, to utilize the time for a short walk in the floor or take longer breaks or whatever, at least I need to know who is tagging me and looking for my status all the time.

Anyway, if they have "tag someone" feature, why not put, "who tagged me" feature?

Same with status change also, I use the lync on mobile and the status shows I'm away, because. the computer's status overrides my mobile's; when someone asked about that feature, people like you showed up asking, why not just work at desk..! Enjoy your old age, while it lasts..

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 6:13 PM
  • Are you still on the same perspective, Olga? You still think people are evading work, that's why they don't want to show their status? What about team members, that are dispersed across USA? I don't want my manager thinking I'm not working, while he can't ask me, "where did you go, for the past 5 mins"..! 
    Tuesday, June 20, 2017 6:17 PM
  • This is just dumb logic.  It's ok for someone to ask me where I have been, but its'n not ok for me to ask, "who wants to know"?  Given today's world I would think its a bit of a safety threat to tell every move a person makes without giving them the option to block or at least know you are doing it. If it is your boss, then I don't think you have the right to complain.  If you don't like it find a nother job, ince it's his or her job to know.  But if someome is just being nosey then that's just plain annoying. I don't care how you format your reason, no one needs that much info on you and if they do you probably should have BEEN fired a long, LONG time ago. From one developer to the next MS, fix this!  Sadly this thread as good as it is will go no were.  This thread started in 2013 right?

• Edited by ooSlyyoo Thursday, April 5, 2018 7:59 PM adding more content
    Thursday, April 5, 2018 7:56 PM
  • Because it's a business function, not personal social media. The only places that have ever used this are businesses where I am employed. I tag certain individuals, i.e. my supervisor, so I know when he's in the office or active, if I need to ask him a question, since we're several states apart.  As someone else said ... if you show up on time, don't take extended breaks, lunch, leave early, etc. There's no reason to be concerned with "big brother" watching you .... it's basically a communication tool, but, also somewhat of a glorified time clock.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 1:09 PM
  • Now you can see who tagged you in your Skype for business client.

Once someone tags you you will get a notification and that contact gets added in your other contacts list.

Hope that answers your query.

Thanks

Abhishek

Abhishek Saxena

Thursday, June 7, 2018 3:34 PM
  • deleting them (who tagged me) from the other contacts, example "delete contact from list" would remove their tag ?
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:47 PM