Azure Data Factory import lookup fields with options "Allow Multiple Values" ON from Sharepoint Online List RRS feed

• Question

• I need to import data from Sharepoint online list using Azure Data Factory in SQL Azure DB. The share point online list contained a fields of Lookup type, with options "Allow Multiple Values" ON.

I use Azure Data Factory as tool to copy data from SP to Azure SQL DB. If field is a normal lookup field, i have no problem and i import his value. If field is a lookup field with options "Allow Multiple Values" ON, i have problem and i don't see the field in mapping, so i can't import. I search in documentation but i don't find nothing to highlight this case.

Is there a way to import SP lookup field with options "Allow Multiple Values" ON with Azure Data Factory?

Friday, July 24, 2020 9:39 AM

All replies

• I have railed for years against Multi-value Fields (MVF). They are the worst. 

If you need a Plan Z, you can always create an Access Database. Link to the List, and then export it to Excel. In Excel, the data comes through as comma-delimited, and maybe your Import process can accommodate that. 

Friday, July 24, 2020 3:52 PM
  • Hi Ag93,

The official document mentions that Azure Data Factory can copy the data of the SharePoint Online look up column, but it does not mention how to copy the multiple value look up column.

Official document for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/connector-sharepoint-online-list

Since your issue is more related to Azure Data Factory, I suggest you creating a new thread in Azure Data Factory forum:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/topics/azure-data-factory.html

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Amos

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:02 AM
  • we already posted a question on but no one answered. 
    Tuesday, July 28, 2020 7:38 AM
  • Hi,

Please wait a while, someone should reply to you soon.

Best Regards,

Amos

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 1:24 AM