none
Office 365 Outlook 2016 Search Refine greyed out RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I need your help. I have a Windows 2016 with Remote Terminal Services installed and Office 365 build version 1808 32 bits.
    Search Refine part is completely greyed out so far I did the below to fix it.

• Repair Office (Online)
    • Reinstall Office
    • Reinstall Microsoft Feature  - Windows Search Service
    • Made sure outlook is selected under Indexing Options
    • Windows Search service is running

I am out of ideas. Can someone please help out?

Thank you 
    George Paphitis

Friday, May 24, 2019 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi George Paphitis,

What’s your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

Have you tried a new profile? In case it was related with personal settings, please refer to the steps in this link to create a new profile.

Please install available updates for both Office and Windows to see the results.

Besides, if you are using an Exchange account, switch to Exchange Online Mode, check if the issue persists.

If issue still persists, we can also rebuild index. Open Control Panel > Indexing Options. Click Advanced > Rebuild.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 27, 2019 2:42 AM
  • Hi George Paphitis,

Are there any updates with this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:24 AM