none
Group Expansion more than 100 members in SFB client RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Folks,

I am trying to increase the group expansion limit from 100 to 400 in the SFB client. I can see the below command to increase the group expansion,

Set-CsWebServiceConfiguration -Identity global -EnableGroupExpansion $True -MaxGroupSizeToExpand 400.

Increasing the group expansion to 400 will cause any performance issues?

Also, as per the below article, this can achieved by setting the registry key.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/lync/Skype-for-Business-cannot-e9693c2a

But, I don't see the registry key Office under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft

Thanks,

Srini

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Srini,

In my research, you can use the following cmdlet to set group expansion size to 400 for each collection of Web Services configuration settings that allow group expansion.

Get-CsWebServiceConfiguration | Where-Object {$_.EnableGroupExpansion -eq $True} | Set-CsWebServiceConfiguration -MaxGroupSizeToExpand 400

MaxGroupSizeToExpand can be set to any integer value between 1 and 1000.

For more details, you can refer to this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-cswebserviceconfiguration?view=skype-ps

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 2:08 AM
  • Thank you Sharon.

Will there be any performance issues by enabling the option at the server end? Is it possible to enable only for a specific user / System?

Thanks,

Srini

Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:26 AM
  • Hi Srini,
    According to official document, the value can be set from 1 to 1000. No document indicates performance issue about  this.
    Web service configuration can just apply to pool or site, can’t apply to specific user.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 1:47 AM
  • Ok. Thank you Sharon. Let me check and try to modify the values.

Thanks,

Srini

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 2:46 PM
  • Hi Srini,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, October 4, 2019 5:19 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

I will run the KHI logging before and after modifying the value to see any performance degradation. 

Thanks,

Srini

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 12:47 PM
  • Hi Srini,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Monday, October 14, 2019 9:01 AM