none
Lync 2010 Standard migrating to Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Champs,

Do I need to setup a federated Edge server in order to migrate in Office 365? And also please help me with the error below

Move-CSuser error

Thanks

Lawrence

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 6:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Lawrence,

In my opinion, if you want to move users from SFB on premise to SFB online, you need to deploy hybrid environment, with hybrid, you need to deploy edge server.

For your error message, seems like you don’t deploy edge server, if this is the issue, please try to setup edge server and then check again.

In a hybrid deployment, the DNS records are pointed to Lync on-premises. When a Lync account is moved to Lync Online using Lync Server Management Shell, the contacts and meetings will not be affected. There will be less down time. After all the users are moved to Office 365, you can refer the following steps to decommission Lync on-premises:
    a. Make sure all the users are moved to Lync Online.
    b. Point SRV records to Lync Online.
    c. Decommission Lync server by preferring to the article:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg195815(v=ocs.14).aspx

Another document for your reference
    http://www.proweb-solutions.net/blog/how-to-configure-lync-server-2010-hybrid-with-lync-online-skype-for-business/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by LawrenceC0814 Wednesday, April 4, 2018 6:18 AM
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 2:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Lawrence,

In my opinion, if you want to move users from SFB on premise to SFB online, you need to deploy hybrid environment, with hybrid, you need to deploy edge server.

For your error message, seems like you don’t deploy edge server, if this is the issue, please try to setup edge server and then check again.

In a hybrid deployment, the DNS records are pointed to Lync on-premises. When a Lync account is moved to Lync Online using Lync Server Management Shell, the contacts and meetings will not be affected. There will be less down time. After all the users are moved to Office 365, you can refer the following steps to decommission Lync on-premises:
    a. Make sure all the users are moved to Lync Online.
    b. Point SRV records to Lync Online.
    c. Decommission Lync server by preferring to the article:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg195815(v=ocs.14).aspx

Another document for your reference
    http://www.proweb-solutions.net/blog/how-to-configure-lync-server-2010-hybrid-with-lync-online-skype-for-business/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by LawrenceC0814 Wednesday, April 4, 2018 6:18 AM
    Wednesday, March 28, 2018 2:20 AM
  • Hi Alice,

Thank you for the answer and also I already create the edge server but I have received again another error

MOVE-CSUSER: ERROR 201 – CANNOT FIND USER IN ACTIVE DIRECTORY WITH THE FOLLOWING SIP URI

I already make sure that the user is an AD user and already synchronize to OFFICE 365

could you help me with this error also?

Lawrence

Monday, April 2, 2018 3:41 AM
  • Hi LawrenceC0814,

It may be that msRTCSIP properties were not being synched to Azure AD.  Force a synchronisation of Azure AD Connect (Start-ADSyncSyncCycle -PolicyType Delta) and you should then be able to move the user to Skype for Business Online.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, April 4, 2018 5:29 AM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:32 AM