none
Skype for business and Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all i am having an issues on with Skype for business and Office 365

Issue #1 - when i try to authenticate from outside i am getting an error "Skype for Business couldn't find a Skype for Business server for domain.com. there might be an issue with the Domain Name system (DNS) configuration for your domain. See KB2566790 for details and contact your system admin." 
    Adfs is up and running properly from what i can tell.

but for some reason i cannot authenticate from outside any ideas? But internal it works first shot

Issue #2 - To try to fix Issue number 1 i am trying to sign in to office 365 from my skype for business server home page and i am getting the error "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not found. Anyone experience this before?

Thanks in advance for all the help

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 9:35 PM

Answers

• Hi ageless40,

Is this a Hybrid deployment?

If this is the case, the DNS records should be pointed to your On-Premises Servers.

For example:

The lyncdiscover.contoso.com A record to point to the FQDN of the on-premises reverse proxy server.

The _sip._tls.contoso.com SRV record to resolve to the public IP address of the Access Edge service of Skype for Business on-premises.

The _sip._tls.contoso.com SRV record to resolve to the public IP address of the Access Edge service of Skype for Business on-premises.

As for your 2<sup>nd</sup> question, I would suggest you contact O365 support.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Akampa Sunday, February 28, 2016 5:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eric_YangKModerator Saturday, March 5, 2016 1:55 PM
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 2:45 AM