none
How redirect IVR to Exchange 2010 AutoAttendant ? RRS feed

Answers

• Lync uses Response Group Service to simulate the functionality of VOIP IVR.

if yo want to use the Lync for IVR you an Create it inside Lync Server Control Panel under Voice Features.

but there is one feature that may limit you to use only Lync RGS for this. Lync RGS does Not SUpport Direct Calls to Extensions. The Reason is because this Functionality served inside Exchange UM to make Key mappings and Fax Decetion together (surely there are more reasons out there).

and for last part of your Question, when you do Exchange UM Integration with Lync you will Create COntact Objects for Exchange AA and SA so Lync knows how to Send Calls to AA and SA.

Have you Deployed Exchange UM Integration for Lync ? if not please Check this One : Lync and Exchange UM Integration

Saturday, November 17, 2012 8:18 PM

All replies

• hi Carlos,

Can you Please Explain More Specific Aspects of your need? which Kind of Gateway you are using right now and when you want to Redirect to Exchange AA ? Incoming Calls or Unassigned Numbers ?

here is a link that i think helps you: 

https://greiginsydney.com/have-lync-play-a-recorded-voice-announcement-when-a-call-is-barred/

Regards

Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:41 PM
  • External User <> PSTN/NGN <> SBC <> Lync <> Exchange

I need to launch a Lync IVR and one action must be to redirect Exchange Autoattendant....

The second options is configure IVR on Exchange not on Lync. How could i do this?? How does Lync transfer the call to exchange ??

Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:47 PM
  • I suppose that the second option is configured by default because Lync contact is created when you configure Lync and Exchange Integration.

But I'd like to deploy a Lync IVR

Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:56 PM
  • Lync uses Response Group Service to simulate the functionality of VOIP IVR.

if yo want to use the Lync for IVR you an Create it inside Lync Server Control Panel under Voice Features.

but there is one feature that may limit you to use only Lync RGS for this. Lync RGS does Not SUpport Direct Calls to Extensions. The Reason is because this Functionality served inside Exchange UM to make Key mappings and Fax Decetion together (surely there are more reasons out there).

and for last part of your Question, when you do Exchange UM Integration with Lync you will Create COntact Objects for Exchange AA and SA so Lync knows how to Send Calls to AA and SA.

Have you Deployed Exchange UM Integration for Lync ? if not please Check this One : Lync and Exchange UM Integration

Saturday, November 17, 2012 8:18 PM
  • You can create a response group, when you deploy the queue, choose forward to telephone number under Enable queue time-out. Then under the SIP address, input your AA number in the format of sip:<number>@<domainname>.

Here is a similar thread you can refer to.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ocsucintegration/thread/e41d0e97-580e-4a60-824b-2433029d46f3

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:14 PM