none
How to decommission Lync 2010 deployment? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

My organization is migrating away from Lync 2010 to a third party VoIP solution. I would like to know what is the procedure to decommission and remove Lync 2010 from my domain?

So far all I have found online are steps for decommissioning Lync 2010 after a migration to either Lync 2013 or Skype for Business. But I want to make sure that I do the right steps for removing Lync 2010 entirely, including AD cleanup of any Lync remnants.

Thanks!  

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 2:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Here is an official article on decommissioning a Lync 2010 deployment, also including using cmdlets to unprep domain and forest for AD.

For more detailed description, there is a documentation which provides step-by-step guidance for removing a complete Lync server 2010 deployment.

Reference: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18692

And here is another sharing to introduce how to decommission Lync 2010 server in the existing deployment.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Eightbitsshort Friday, February 22, 2019 7:51 PM
    Thursday, November 1, 2018 4:49 AM